For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
Develop and implement the New Balance Global DTC apparel directed assortments, consistent with global DTC strategy, key brand initiatives and financial expectations. Execute the Go-To-Market process, in cooperation with the Global Business Units, Regional DTC Merchandisers, Buyers and Global Marketing. Drive channel directed assortment (E-comm, B&M, and Factory Outlets). Drive model and style efficiency and eliminate product redundancy within the assortment.
This will include, but not be limited to determining the DTC product strategy and product range required to support market place capacity, forecast management, commercial input documentation, DTC storytelling, system management, go-to-market planning, SKU efficiency, commonality and productivity in a cross functional team that will require the skill to work across boundaries.
• Development of Global Commercial Input for each channel prior to seasonal kick off.
• Develop Seasonal Directed Assortments, from the Global product line, to support key brand initiatives and contribute to financial objectives unit, revenue and GM%.
• In cooperation with the Regional DTC Merchandisers, DTC buying team, and global brand & consumer marketing teams, develop best in class GTM strategy, process, timing and execution. Ensure alignment in assortment and messaging across all Omni-channel retail: E-comm, B&M, and factory Outlets to support key stories and HTT merchandising.
• In conjunction with the Global DTC merchandising, marketing and visual team, develop seasonal key stories, product introduction timing and flow consistent with customer seasonality, business objectives and balanced with supply capacity considerations.
• Drive model/style efficiency and commonality; tighter assortments, eliminate overlap between GBUs and price points, reduce non-strategic models, and increase style level expectations.
• Identify gaps and opportunities in the range architecture and brief into the Global Business Units accordingly.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
• Bachelors degree required, with a minimum of 10 years experience.
• Retail Experience (Sr. Buyer) a plus
• Experience with product merchandising/planning, forecasting and working to budgets
• Position requires exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to influence at all levels, internally and externally.
• Ability to coach, guide, manage and develop direct (where appropriate) and indirect reports.
• The ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills are essential.
• Travel required
Regular associates may be eligible to receive an annual bonus based on individual and/or business performance
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.