For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
New Balance has a rich history rooted in innovation since 1902, our designers bring fearless ideas that challenge the status quo, solve for athlete needs, push the boundaries of style and problem solve for a healthier future.
Being part of the NB design community requires a positive personality and drive to seek out and take on any task no matter how big or small. We pride ourselves on attracting talent from diverse backgrounds that will bring new skills and ideas to the team. Having a strong sketching ability, a deep understanding of fashion & trend and being digitally savvy are imperative to success in this role.
• In conjunction with senior/lead designers, produce strong design concepts (season after season), that meet the category and overall brand creative direction. (Silhouette, Materials, Trims & Color).
• Prepare and deliver effective design presentations (visually and verbally) that sell ideas effectively. Assist team in preparing for design reviews and other meetings. Aid in the creation and maintenance of cads (merch boards).
• Bring a collaborative energy and actively participate in design events (creative vision, design reviews, brainstorms).
• Actively research and stay ahead of trend. Keep team informed of any opportunities that seem relevant for the brand.
• Attend cross-functional team meetings.
• Work closely with and communicate on regular basis with category Leads, product marketing and development.
• Create cads, technical sketch details for the development team to utilize in expediting apparel tech/spec packages and fill out bill of material colorways across categories as needed. Attend fittings and takes notes, responsible for making technical sketch updates.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
• Degree in Apparel Design, Product Design or Fashion Design
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• Solid understanding of garment construction
• Digitally Proficient and strong at Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Experience in 3D design or a strong desire to learn
• Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.