For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
The UX Designer creates satisfying and compelling experiences for users of the newbalance.com, often drawing on results from user research and workflow analysis. The UX designer will need to possess strong creative, technical and problem-solving skills. Areas of focus will include content, controls, visual design and development, information architecture, user research, branding and customer/technical support. To be successful in this role you will be able to successfully integrate consumer research into website designs that allow for the team to hit the revenue targets. This position will report to the UX Design Manager.
• Facilitate comps by researching, conceiving, wire framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
• Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
• Understand product specifications and user psychology
• Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
• Create personas through user research and data
• Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
• Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
• Bachelors Degree & 3+ years of UX design experience
• E-commerce knowledge and experience
• User Research, Wireframing, High-Fidelity Design, Interactive Prototypes, User Testing experience
• Familiarity and expertise in UCD/HCD Methodology best practices
• Must be able to collaborate with team of developers
• Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite required
• Experience in agile environment
• UI / Responsive Design: Mobile, Tablet & Desktop experience required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to think creatively and contribute with innovative ideas
• Prior experience in presentation delivery
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.