For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
The role of a Retail Assistant Store Manager is to support the sales goals and operational duties of the Store Manager. They also help hire, train, and develop staff while cultivating a culture that reflects the core values of New Balance (integrity, teamwork, and total customer satisfaction). In the absence of the Store Manager, the ASM steps into their shoes and runs the store.
• Create and maintain a "Total Customer Satisfaction" culture
• Help your Store Manager hit financial marks and operational objectives
• Collaborate with Store Manager and District Manager to execute strategic sales plans
• Be a leader! Coach and develop your staff; their success = your success
• Help coordinate volunteer opportunities to build our brand within the communities we serve
• Assist with processing payroll and writing schedules for store associates
• Step up to lead the team when Store Manager is unavailable
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• 2 years retail experience (some stores in higher volume areas may require more)
• B.A. in Business Administration or related field preferred
• Proficiency with POS systems and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of retail operations such as sales, customer service, merchandising, inventory control, store budget preparation, and loss prevention
• Demonstrated ability to lead and be part of a team
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of a thriving retail business, which may entail working on weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift 4 lbs. constantly; lift maximum 8 lbs. occasionally; kneel or squat frequently; move boxes of product up to 50 lbs (with assistance if necessary); stand for extended periods of time; climb ladders occasionally; frequently climb and descend stairs (depending on location)
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.