For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
As a Product Manager, you will support the Performance Running Global Business Unit in execution of the Global Line Plan for Performance Running specifically focused on driving energy storytelling through performance collaborations, materials, and color aimed at expanding franchise models with broader global consumer reach and new channels of distribution.
You will work to identify, develop and implement both in-line product as well as off-calendar performance collaborations that meet the business goals and long-term vision of the Performance Run category.
• Manage and execute energy product that drives culturally-relevant storytelling to create an emotional connection with target consumer, while contributing to Running GBU growth goals
• Lead Performance Collabs identify and vet potential new partners, orchestrate cross-category collaboration, lead triad to achieve product creation deadlines, ensure legal approval, assist Marketing with storytelling and GTM planning
• Act as GBU Consumer & Historical Data Lead - collaborate with Direct to Consumer Merchandising, Consumer Insights and Global General Merchandising Manager to uncover and analyze consumer, industry and sell-thru data and future trends to drive product creation
• Responsible for go-to-market product direction product copy, product storytelling, creates and delivers presentations to senior management and customers
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
• 6+ years experience in a Product Management environment or consumer goods retail industry ideal candidate would have a hybrid product creation and merchandising background
• Bachelors degree in Marketing or related area
• The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of youth culture & trends, a strong eye for color, commerciality and fashion as well as an understanding of the outdoor space
• Seeking someone with strong analytical skills and an actioned oriented approach to utilizing data to drive decision making and results
• Seeking a candidate that will bring creativity, out of the box thinking and challenge the status quo
• Frequent domestic and international travel
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.