For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
The Supervisor of Customer Operations has responsibility to maximize sales and profitability by optimizing order fulfilment in compliance with our vendor guidelines by overseeing all aspects of daily customer operations for a designated sales channels. This role will ensure the best experience for our wholesale & digital customers and account managers by empowering our associates to make decisions, developing a team focused on continuous improvement and setting new standards in operations and customer support. The Supervisor of Customer Operations will also be a key contributor in strategy development as well as lead channel specific projects that will require close collaboration with value chain, distribution, logistics and sales leaders.
• Cultivate and maintain a positive team atmosphere that drives talent development and growth. Lead and manage 7-10 direct reports.
• Manage workflow, escalations and effectively delegating across your team.
• Partner with the training team to ensure the development of direct reports as you continue to raise the bar on talent.
• Provide manager level summaries related to team performance. Manage and optimize KPI's / business process within customer operations.
• Root cause all order management issues related to order entry, fulfillment, pricing, routing, shipping, and more. These issues may also affect the overall business and could require cross functional collaboration with Business Operations and IT to identify the cause and implement a solve
• Ensure effective management of the operation and customer experience.
• Drive accountability and adherence to policy and procedure.
• Deliver year over year performance improvements.
• Work directly with our customers to align on operational opportunities & initiatives that maximize cost efficiencies and the timely execution of key program deliverables
• Convey deep understanding of best practices, systems, and enabling technology.
• Conduct analysis of data collected through SCOT, saleforce.com, ERP and other inputs to build strategies that continually optimize and refine the customer experience and operations.
• Deliver insights to all internal stakeholders including but not limited to the value chain and sales management. Measures of success include: Ship Complete and On Time delivery, Price Integrity, and Reduced Vendor Violations. Develop innovative changes within account management to drive efficiency.
• Build effective partnerships with the value chain and logistics/distribution teams to drive effective processes that deliver value for the business.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
• Four-year college degree or equivalent experience necessary and a minimum of 5 -7 years related experience
• Must be familiar with supply chain management, EDI, demand planning, order fulfillment, as well as domestic and import logistics.
• Strong strategic thinking and outstanding analytical/quantitative skills.
• Project Management Experience a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on problem solving, conflicting objectives, and dealing with multiple customers & sales reps.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage time, multiple tasks, and deadlines effectively.
• Must have great communication and presentation skills
• Travel to customers, industry conferences and to sales meetings where needed.
• Must be knowledgeable of the following:• ERP
• Manhattan WMS
• Data Warehouse systems such as Diver
• Salesforce.com and Tibco Spotfire
• Work Force Management Software
• Microsoft Office
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.