For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
Develop and implement the New Balance Footwear seasonal directed assortments for the Must Win & Priority key accounts, consistent with key brand initiatives and financial expectations in the Lifestyle Specialty world. Drive the Go-To-Market process and execution, in cooperation with the respective Regional Business Unit Merchants, North America Sales and Account Marketing. Drive differentiation & product segmentation for key retailers. Drive model and style efficiency and eliminate product redundancy.
• Drive the footwear product & apparel distribution, segmentation strategy and account category mix for our must win & priority accounts.
• Develop Seasonal Must Land Assortments, from the Regional Footwear/Apparel product line, for these specific key accounts, to support key brand initiatives and delivers financial objectives across categories, price and margin, as well as turn.
• In cooperation with RBU Merchants, Sales and Marketing, develop best in class Go-To-Market process, timing and execution. Evaluate and implement seasonal introduction strategy. Define key merchandising touch points and function ownership. Ensure alignment within and across the RBUs to support key drivers and Head-to-Toe merchandising.
• Drive model and style efficiency; tighter assortments, eliminate overlap between categories and price points, increase expectations within categories we compete reduce non-strategic and/or non-high volume models, and increase style level expectations tighten up excessive color options.
• Develop mid and long-term key account product line-ups that clearly communicate model/style lifecycle.
• Identify challenges and opportunities in the range architecture and brief into the Global Business Units accordingly.
• Lead, coach, and train indirect report
EQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
• Bachelors degree required, with 5+ years of industry experience preferably in footwear and/or apparel buying and/or merchandising.
• Experience with product planning, sales forecasting and working to budgets
• Knowledge of account segmentation & differentiation, range architecture, product assortments, concept drivers, and product flow.
• Leadership skills with the ability to influence, both formal and informal.
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills are essential.
• Superior communication skills, especially presentation skills and storytelling
• Computer skills including advanced Excel
• Travel required
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.