For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
As an Assistant Merchandiser, you will support the Merchandise team in their execution of the Directed Assortment product plan for category against both footwear and apparel. You will support the team with the selection, visualization and socialization of the DA.
• Assist with research and assessment of market competition and trends, gathering qualitative and quantitative data for product positioning and identifying new category opportunities.
• Assist in leading the day to day Merchandising Data Management and Visual Tools
• Demonstrate understanding of Merchandising GTM process ,key timelines and systems while adhering to GTM calendar
• Perform data entry into PPM system
• Perform Product Line Visual Merchandising in Mural for Footwear and Apparel
• Prepare reports as required by Sr Merchandising Manager to include sales, distribution, cost, budget, margin and market analysis
• Manage inventory of samples a
• Provide feedback and suggestions to cross-functional global teams based on market data and consumer insights(NPD and Region Sell thru data)
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience. Experience in retail or product merchandising within the footwear and/or apparel industry preferred.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills. Presentation skills also required.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft office skills.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.