For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
New Balance is the largest private athletics brand in the world, with Headquarters in Boston, regional divisions in Japan, China, APAC, EMEA and LATAM and business operations in over 130 countries. This is a unique opportunity to join New Balances Global Marketing Leadership team and influence our brands current and long range growth plans in all markets.
The Global Director, Performance Marketing will lead Global communication strategy and content creation for our performance categories including: Running, Basketball, Global Football, Tennis and Baseball. Collectively, these businesses represent approximately 50% of NBs global revenue.
This is a Boston-based role, with periodic domestic and international travel to NBs top Asian and European markets (approx. 2-3 times/year post-COVID).
• Manage five direct reports, representing NBs performance categories, Strategic Projects and Athlete Activation teams.
• Lead the definition of category vision, strategy and plans for Running, Basketball, Global Football, Tennis and Baseball.
• Manage the deployment of Marketing resources (people, time, money) to achieve NBs annual and long-term goals.
• Establish strong working relationships with Global Directors across Brand Strategy & Operations, Communications, Lifestyle and Regional Marketing to align to common goals and plans.
• Partner with Sports Marketing leadership in the identification of future New Balance athletes, with a clear Point of View on the integration of these future partners into NBs communication plans.
• Partner with Product Creation and Merchandising leadership to ensure synergy between Marketing, Product and Merchandising Plans.
• Help to drive our vision of ONE NB, which strives to unify our brand position across N. America, EMEA, Asia, Pacific and LATAM regions.
• Team leadership and advocacy across above-referenced-functions, while simultaneously building alignment across the organization.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
• 15+ years of progressive experience working within Marketing and related functions, MBA preferred
• Strong understanding of digital-first demand generation and a proven track record of driving Marketing results in competitive domestic and international markets.
• Proven leadership skills, including the ability to manage multiple functions against a common outcome.
• Direct experience, or knowledge, of globalizing marketing strategies and the adopt/adapt/create approach to regionalization of messaging.
• Superior problem solving and analytical skills and an understanding of relevant social media metrics.
• Athletic or related industry experience a plus, but not required.
• Strong execution skills; consistently produce results and meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal/written presentation skills
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.