For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
New Balance is seeking a skilled and motivated lead web developer to join our eCommerce Engineering Team within the Global Direct-to-Consumer organization. The Dev team is responsible for the online shopping experience of NB-owned sites around the globe with further expansion on the horizon. We are looking for candidates that are experienced front-end developers with some knowledge of back-endtechnology. At New Balance, we seek active learners who love to use modern technology to solvechallenging problems. You will be working with the latest technologies and frameworks, and worktogether with the rest of the team to push New Balance as an innovator for years to come.
• Design and develop business functionality in multi-tier web solutions while improving code quality and infrastructure.
• Build scalable, unit testable solutions for our website applications and do code reviews.
• Champion culture of good security, coding standards, architecture patterns, resiliency, and documentation practices.
• Work across all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, operations, and support).
• Lead a cross-functional Agile team to understand requirements, do product backlog grooming, sprint planning, execution, and retrospective.
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with all associates and business contacts and promote a strong sense of teamwork.
• Mentor and coach other developers and able to collaborate with offshore teams while leading technology direction and improving codebase.
• Update management team on overall project, risks, and technology issues and propose suitable alternatives.
• Provide assessments and recommendations on the design of ecommerce systems, while integrating components built by developers and ensuring architectural integrity of the system.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
• Minimum of 7 years experience in web development
• E-Commerce development experience, especially within Salesforce Commerce Cloud, is a plus
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in NodeJS
• Must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
• Must be proficient in integrating with REST and SOAP web services
• Comfortable building markup that is ADA compliant
• Basic knowledge of web security and building applications that do not expose sensitive data
• Proficient in writing unit/integration tests and developing applications using a Test-Driven Development approach
• Excellent communicator and ability to work as a team to accomplish a task
• Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure high-quality and maintainable code is produced
• Possess strong problem-solving and decision-making skills while maintaining good judgment
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.