Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Bell Helmets is seeking an experienced WordPress / PHP website developer to join our direct to consumer eCommerce and Digital Marketing team. You will be a major contributor working on implementations and performing customization, as well as the point person for troubleshooting direct to consumer website issues, establishing the technical and functional requirements for new projects, and enhancing our website to meet functional needs while maintaining standards across web browsers and devices.
You will own the code and the vendor relationships that will be tasked with supporting this position. You have a deep understanding of the WordPress core, library, and other common practices to produce great WordPress based products. You have developed cutting edge WordPress Plugins or themes and making them work properly in all environments while overcoming basic conflicts with popular themes and plugins. The ideal candidate will bring vast amounts of WordPress knowledge, and strong PHP skill and experience.
• Responsible for technical design, development, and maintenance for Brand specific direct to consumer websites, systems integration, and web-based applications from definition through continuous optimization post implementation.
• Collaborate with UI/UX designers and product managers to provide a best-in-class front-end customer experiences.
• Advise the design team in terms of implementation impact, responsiveness, and performance.
• Own the development lifecycle and manage technical risks throughout projects.
• Translate technical issues and considerations to those who do not have a technical background.
• Participate and contribute to the planning process for new projects.
• Demonstrable mastery of PHP, HTML, CSS and Word Press.
• Strong knowledge of UX/UI development.
• Git process experience and proficiency
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adjust priorities to meet deadlines.
• Self-driven & detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to come up with accurate development estimates based on high-level business and/or technical requirements.
• Experience integrating web services and API’s (application program interface) with back-end.
• Working experience with an eCommerce platform and the development process.
• Word Press wizardry welcome. Examples of front-end and back-end work are encouraged when applying.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
WordPress / PHP Developer
Scotts Valley, Santa Cruz Area California
|Required Experience:||2 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|