Bell exists to inspire and enable the next generation of boundary breakers. It is built from auto racing, motorcycle and bicycle culture. We don’t just make helmets; we make possibilities. Born in a garage. Fueled by grease and will. Guided by pure intent to encourage the world to live, ride, drive and thrive. Time spent in our helmets is a precious escape from the day-to-day. For our riders, winning is about seizing the moment, going hard and having fun. Our job is to protect them, to inspire them, to cultivate confidence and to get out of the way. www.bellhelmets.com
So… you decided to defy the odds and want to create graphics all day long to make a living. Sounds like a pretty sweet gig, doesn’t it? In this role, you will eat, sleep and breathe graphic production for bicycle, skate and motorcycle helmets. You will be supporting the art department with print production, techpacks, layout and graphic previews. Your creative super powers will add to the art team’s craftiness. This fast paced position works directly with the Art Director and the Senior Designers to meet production design needs for the relentless onslaught of graphic requests from the product department.
• Support helmet graphics team with print production.
• Deliver press ready helmet graphic tech pack files to our vendors.
• Layout and organize our visual line plans and trend reports.
• Work closely with our overseas team and vendors.
• Work with project managers and art director to ensure on time delivery of all files.
• Maintain an organized filing system of graphic files.
• Attend graphic and product meetings
• Keep updated on current trends in design.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum five years related experience.
• Master knowledge of screen printing, film separations and line screen half tones
• A strong understanding of other printing processes on paper, fabric and other material not limited to CMYK, waterslide decals, hydro dipping, pad printing, etc.
• Proficiency in Macintosh OSX environment.
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Creative Cloud Apps.
• A portfolio that demonstrates your print production ability, creativity and diversity.
• Traditional graphic design skills.
• Experience in the Fashion Industry and Action Sports Industry a plus.
Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
• Must work well in a team setting.
• Must be insanely creative with a love for brainstorming ideas and harnessing wonder.
• Have a comprehension of how 2D artwork will be composed and printed on a 3D object.
• Flexibility and the ability to handle criticism… no crying during an art critique and mass production.
• Must be able to turn around projects quickly and accurately.
• Meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adjust priorities to meet evolving deadlines.
• Good verbal and written communication skills. You will be living in emails when you aren’t prepping for print.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Be able to travel within the United States and overseas if requested. Not for those on a No Fly List.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled