Are you an organized, detail-oriented problem solver always looking for the next great innovation? We’re looking for a Mechanical Engineer with 5+ years of experience in product development to help solve our toughest design & manufacturing challenges. As part of a fast-paced, results-driven environment, you will participate in internal team brainstorming and cross-functional collaboration, coupled with consumer market research to deliver effective solutions that are as innovative as they are manufacturable. This position will be focused primarily on our Starbucks business, providing our client with best-in-class products for their durable food and beverage containers.
Ideate and develop new product solutions:
• Participate in brainstorming activities with members of the creative team, being the go-to resource for mechanical design, material selection and manufacturing possibilities.
• Conduct proof-of-concept experiments, rapid prototyping, and test-to-failure validations.
• Create new part designs such as seals, hinges, and lid assemblies – among others.
• Create and review CAD models for new product designs.
• Conduct risk analysis and validation testing for new product prototypes.
Work closely with in-house Design Engineering team:
• Provide technical knowledge and recommendations on mechanical design, material selection and manufacturing methods available.
• Conduct competitive product benchmarking and cost/benefit analyses.
• Participate in Critical Design Reviews of new product engineering files, prior to release for tooling.
Assess new technology opportunities for products in development phase:
• Identify new methods/materials/technologies relevant to our product lines
• Perform feasibility studies by developing prototypes, collecting relevant samples, creating development and implementation plans and estimating costing.
Provide management of vendors in engineering and technical areas:
• Identify relevant vendor resources
• Complete NDA and Non-Compete agreements and obtain necessary approvals for quoted services.
• Manage vendors to the terms of the agreements and successful project outcomes.
• Support factory management with technical advice for sourcing of new materials and manufacturing processes in Asia.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
• Excellent CAD skills with experience in mechanical assembly and multi-part design (SolidWorks preferred).
• Solid word processing and spreadsheet skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Good personal skills with the ability to effectively work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
• Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
• Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
• Ability to study and apply new information.
• Possess a work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality.
• Reports To: Creative Development Director – R&D
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical).
• 5+ years experience in product design and manufacturing.
• Working knowledge of injection molding, metal fabrications, paints and finishes, compression molding, plastic materials, basic thermodynamics and other relevant engineering disciplines
• Experience with ceramic and glass manufacturing a plus
• Working knowledge of ‘Design for Manufacture’ methods
• Experience with Asian factories preferred
• Travel internationally and domestically ~ 15%
PACIFIC MARKET INTERNATIONAL: PMI is the global leader in food and beverage container solutions. Founded by Rob Harris in 1983, and now led by his successor CEO Bob Keller, the company is guided by principles of innovation, consumer focus, sustainability, and community. PMI designs, manufactures, and markets innovative drinkware and food container solutions around the world, leading with the flagship Stanley® brand. For over 100 years, Stanley® has been the gold standard in premium drinkware for outdoorsman, craftsman, and travelers. PMI also has a team dedicated to major retailer and foodservice accounts with highly customized food and beverage container solutions. Our vision is to revolutionize the way people enjoy food and beverage everywhere.
PMI’s corporate headquarters are in Seattle, Washington. North American product development, marketing, and sales operate out of the Seattle location. The company distributes product to more than 30 countries through sales offices located in China, Europe, Brazil and the U.S. Products are produced at a combination of company-owned and supplier partner locations located around the world. PMI also operates design, engineering, quality, customer service and merchandising operations in China, Brazil, and the Philippines. PMI products have been to the top of Mount Everest, are frequently viewed on popular television shows and movies, and can be seen in the hands of avid outdoorsman and hipsters alike. When discerning consumers want the best, they seek out Stanley® products.
For more Information, visit: https://www.pmi-worldwide.com
|Required Experience:||5 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|
Posted 9 days ago
Employee paid medical, vision, dental, life, disability. 401k match. Vacation, sick and personal time off.