Director of Distribution
- The La Jolla Group
- United States
- 0 year(s)
- Not Available
The Director of Distribution will be responsible for overall management and performance of the current and future distribution facilities and employee base. He / she will be responsible for the creation and implementation of corporate strategies, new technologies, processes, and procedures. This cross functional role will also interface with Sales, Operations, Finance, IT, and Production to optimize order fill rates through accurate, efficient distribution best practices. The ideal candidate will have strong managing and mentoring capabilities, a wealth of DC experience, possess a high degree of analytical acumen and the ability to create solutions to further enhance the work environment.
• Oversee the development and implementation of systems and processes in an effort to maintain and advance a high level of productivity and efficiency within the Distribution process.
• Interface with other teams such as Sales / Production / Logistics / Operations / Credit to maximize order fill rates and optimize the enterprise supply chain.
• Monitor all related expenses and associated budgets and make recommendations for cost savings.
• Research, negotiate, procure, and deploy cutting edge warehouse management and material handling systems to improve productivity and efficiency in the distribution center from both a B2B and B2C lens.
• Administrate and evolve standard operating procedures to ensure consistency within the distribution process.
• Hire, lead, manage, and coach both direct and indirect reports with the ability to grow both teams as the organization expands.
• Perform employee performance evaluations and make recommendations regarding career advancement opportunities for the distribution department.
• Review daily / weekly / monthly KPI’s to ensure the operation is running at optimal rates.
• Direct process studies, including volume metrics and time analysis to validate existing process and staff output.
• Work with carriers to negotiate rates and tariffs and evaluate services to determine optimal service levels for all types of outbound shipments.
• Allocate both internal and temp labor resources to achieve shipping deadlines by priority while meeting budget projections.
• Maintain and oversee compliance with OSHA regulations, as well as ensure that all employees are trained in safety procedures and warehouse equipment operation.
• Develop and present distribution related concepts and strategies to the COO in a collaborative effort to continually improve and evolve all systems and processes.
• Proven experience in managing a diverse employee base within a distribution center
• Extensive knowledge of RF based Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
• High level computer skills with emphasis on ERP / Microsoft related products
• 4 year degree in Operations Management or a related field
• Project Management Experience
• Proven ability to understand logic and fundamental processes that relate to systems
Bring your dog to work throughout the year, early release during the summer, free lunches on Mon, free bagels on Wed, 60% employee discounts, casual environment, skate ramps, employee store on site