Hawaii Retail Merchandiser Coordinator
- The La Jolla Group
- United States
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
The La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in the action sports apparel business segment with a fast paced, high energy environment that is continually on the move. With prominent brands such as O’Neill, Spiritual Gangster, and Hang Ten, La Jolla Group has proved to be a builder of great brands, a creator of innovative products, and a master of operational excellence.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, onsite gym, discount on clothes, summer hours and employer provided lunches and fruit! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths.
Job Title: Merchandise Coordinator – Hawaii
The purpose of this position is to sell through the product at Retail and to execute our on-floor programs and product initiatives at the retail level to drive sales growth. Position will service store locations in Hawaii.
• Ensure that our product is optimally placed, properly sized and merchandised
• Train and supervise temporary personnel
• Educate store personnel on our products and seasonal programs
• Share product-level insight
• Align our on-floor strategies with the customer to drive the profitability of a product segment
• Maximize our retail presence by negotiating optimal real estate and square footage
• Ensure stock replenishment and size integrity on the selling floor
• Execute in-store collateral
• Drive sales plans by door
• Minimum 3 years retail, wholesale or visual merchandising experience
• Expert knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
• Must be able to lift and transport up to 25 pounds
• 80% local travel to visit stores
• 20% inter island travel to visit stores
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Capability of being a creative self-starter
• Strong business acumen, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and strong organizational skills to drive for results
• Solid professional demeanor, strong work ethic and the ability to work independently
LJG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information and any other characteristics protected by law.