Business Applications Manager
- The La Jolla Group
- United States
- 0 year(s)
- Not Available
The La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in the action sports apparel business segment with a fast paced, high energy environment that is continually on the move. With prominent brands such as O’Neill, Spiritual Gangster, and Hang Ten, La Jolla Group has proved to be a builder of great brands, a creator of innovative products, and a master of operational excellence.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, onsite gym, discount on clothes, summer hours and employer provided lunches and fruit! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths.
Lead and manage the company’s Business Application Suite (ERP, E-Commerce, Point of Sale, Supply Chain, Fulfillment, Sourcing and Business Intelligence) and provide 2nd and 3rd level support. Establish standards and procedures to ensure business system availability and lead the company’s strategic IT projects by completing needs and applications analysis, developing project implementation plans, and providing resource support to team members. Function as a liaison between IT and users to ensure initiatives are achieved. Optimizes system usage and business process.
• Leader and principle owner of all the Applications within the enterprise. Application suite includes ERP, Merchandising, Financials, POS, Sourcing, Supply Chain, WMS, CRM, Order Management and E-Commerce.
• Establish, review and maintain standards and procedures to ensure the business system's availability and accurate functionality. Lead the business system's team in the 2nd and 3rd level support of the assigned applications. Work with the support desk, business application owners, SMEs, the project delivery team, and application vendors to ensure the business systems are current and functioning properly.
• Working with business users and SMEs, manage a continuous improvement system to identifying and prioritizing system enhancements.
• Work with business application owners and SMEs to establish and maintain training and onboarding documentation.
• Perform project management / team lead activities (using the company's project management life cycle and SDLC) including needs and application analysis, develop project implementation plans, assign project team resources, and monitor and report project status. Review and quality check application designs and implementations ensuring that programming and business process standards are being met. Coordinate the promotion of new applications into production. Communicate project status to team members, users and management. Lead project related meetings and attend and participate in other required meetings. Track and document time requirements. Work with supported business owners to identify, prioritize and solve systems issues.
• Manage direct reports by assigning support and projects tasks, ensuring that team members have the required direction, resources and training to successfully complete assigned tasks. Provide leadership to the business systems team through mentoring, goal setting, conducting performance reviews, and working with HR to administer performance improvement programs when needed.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to create, implement, and manage project plans.
• Able to lead a technical team in the support and maintenance of an application set.
• Experience with relational database architecture and languages. (SQL, DDL, DML, stored procedures, and relational integrity).
• Experience with Full Circle ERP
• Ability to be self-motivated and to motivate others in the performance of assigned duties.
• Ability to train and develop team members.
LJG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information and any other characteristics protected by law.