- The La Jolla Group
- United States
- 1 year(s)
- Min Salary: $21.63 - Max Salary: Not Available per Hour
The La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in the action sports apparel business segment with a fast paced, high energy environment that is continually on the move. With prominent brands such as O’Neill, Spiritual Gangster, and Hang Ten, La Jolla Group has proved to be a builder of great brands, a creator of innovative products, and a master of operational excellence.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, onsite gym, discount on clothes, summer hours and employer provided lunches and fruit! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths.
O’Neill is looking for an assistant apparel designer, who will assist the senior designers of the young men’s sportswear line. We are seeking an individual who will work well with the apparel designers in a fast-paced environment, has a positive attitude, is quality driven and pays close attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate well with all departments, including Merchandising, Sales, Marketing and Sourcing, on collaborating efforts.
• Responsible for technical development and execution of a portion of the Men’s line.
• Responsible for fit, quality and technical execution of product.
• Responsible for all cads, tech sketches, matrixes and tech packs.
• Involvement in men’s processes including: fittings, reviewing strike-offs, comments to sourcing, vendor follow-up, and handovers.
• Communicate clear ideas and stay on top of who your customer is via research & shopping.
• Must be proficient in doing complete tech packs in Illustrator format.
• Responsible for creating color cads and descriptions of garments for final line guides.
• Degree in Design required.
• 1 or more years of experience working for an Apparel manufacturer in a similar role.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize workload.
• Must be a team player that takes direction.
• Proficient on a Mac platform specifically with Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of PLM a plus, but not required
Please send resume and samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LJG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information and any other characteristics protected by law.