- The La Jolla Group
- United States
- 7 year(s)
- Not Available
The La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in the action sports apparel business segment with a fast paced, high energy environment that is continually on the move. With prominent brands such as O’Neill, Spiritual Gangster, and Hang Ten, La Jolla Group has proved to be a builder of great brands, a creator of innovative products, and a master of operational excellence.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, onsite gym, discount on clothes, summer hours and employer provided lunches and fruit! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths
The Information Technology Business Analyst is responsible for liaising with business users and the development team, with the goal of developing and evolving technology to optimize the delivery of business intelligence to users across the enterprise. He/she will evaluate existing business systems, BI tools, and user requirements. He/ She will work with the development team to spearhead development and deployment of custom software and BI initiatives. The Business analyst will be responsible for change management and documentation, and develop SOP’s new processes and reports.
BUSINESS SYSTEMS EVOLUTION:
• Create designs for Information Technology solutions to resolve business challenges and test / deploy components of new systems for effectiveness and user / process benefit.
• Create and facilitate efficient and cost effective solutions and analyze systems specification to meet business requirements.
• Carryout research on how IT systems are used and suggest ways for systems improvement and efficiency.
PEOPLE AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
• Reach out to business users and project leaders in the course of work in order to identify and evaluate user and business requirements.
• Supervise all integration processes with new clients and other third-party vendors.
• Ensure clean and accurate documentation that may include aspects such as business requirements, business customer requirements, and technical specifications
• Ensure that all documents are safely kept and accessible for future reference, as well as, carry out routine testing of software patches; assist with new releases, and approve all User Acceptance Testing.
• Facilitate professional and constant communication with overall users on the status of production problems that might arise and inform them about ways of resolving issues.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
• 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years related experience
ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE OF:
• Strong skills and ability to troubleshoot issues quickly, and find solutions to solving them independently in a timely manner.
• Exhibit good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and other applications.
• Great knowledge of IT processes and willingness to constantly update knowledge.
• Experience in working with relational databases (MSSQL, P/SQL, MySQL).
• Effectively communicate in written and verbal form
• Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills
• Influence others; Negotiation skills
• Develop plans and implement strategies which drive the business
• Challenge self and others to think with vision
• Convey positive and realistic expectations to one’s subordinates and superiors
• Be innovative in arriving at new and untried solutions to problems
• Be aware of the impact and implications of decisions on other aspects of business
• Self-initiate and self-motivate
LJG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information and any other characteristics protected by law.