The La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in the action sports apparel business segment with a fast paced, high energy environment that is continually on the move. With prominent brands such as O’Neill, Spiritual Gangster, and Hang Ten, La Jolla Group has proved to be a builder of great brands, a creator of innovative products, and a master of operational excellence.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, onsite gym, discount on clothes, summer hours and employer provided lunches and fruit! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths.
La Jolla Group is seeking a highly analytical and collaborative individual to join our Planning and Analytics team. The Planner will drive the execution of La Jolla Group’s business through creating analytically based demand/supply plans and executing these plans through cross functional collaboration. Specifically, the Planner will conduct detailed analysis of sales trends, sell-in/through, and other key market insights to build long-term and seasonal demand plans; obtain cross functional alignment on these plans; create seasonal supply plans/buys; and monitor in-season results to ensure healthy inventory levels are maintained.
If you enjoy analyzing large data sets to identify key insights and socializing your findings across functions, we’d love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintain long-term statistical forecast for assigned brands and categories. Socialize forecast with Finance, M&D, Sales, and other cross functional stakeholders to drive long-term strategic planning efforts across the business.
• Analyze historical data, sales forecasts, sell-in/through, and other market insights to establish a detailed demand plan. Collaborate with Sales, M&D, Finance, and other stakeholders to obtain consensus on the demand plan.
• Create seasonal buy plans based on consensus demand. Communicate buy plans with Production to support supply chain planning efforts.
• Identify seasonal inventory buy needs in accordance with buy calendar milestones. Obtain stakeholder alignment on buys and work with Production to ensure buys are executed.
• Reconcile inbound inventory with expected in season demand to identify supply/demand gaps. Work with Sales and Customer Service to identify and execute remediation plans.
• Analyze on hand and inbound seasonal inventory compared to expected in season shipments to identify current and projected future obsolete inventory. Work with Sales, Marketing, and Finance to establish tactical plans to reduce obsolescence.
• Complete ad hoc analysis requests and provide meaningful business insights to support business objectives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 3-5 years of forecasting and analytics experience.
• Experience planning and forecasting for a seasonal business.
• Ability to build and maintain strong cross functional partnerships.
• Strong Excel and data management skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, or equivalent field.
• Apparel industry experience a plus.
• Full Circle ERP experience a plus.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business Economics, Supply Chain, or equivalent field, plus 3-5 years of forecasting and analytics experience.
Please submit resume and introductory letter through Malakye.