The La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in the action sports apparel business segment with a fast paced, high energy environment that is continually on the move. With prominent brands such as O’Neill, Spiritual Gangster, and Hang Ten, La Jolla Group has proved to be a builder of great brands, a creator of innovative products, and a master of operational excellence.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, onsite gym, discount on clothes, summer hours and employer provided lunches and fruit! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths.
The Human Resource Analyst reports to the HR Manager and is part of a busy HR team who supports corporate, retail and distribution center employees. In addition all members of the HR team are expected to enthusiastically plan & participate in all company events in support of promoting an exceptional company culture.
The Human Resource Analyst has primary responsibility for all aspects of payroll processing for a 400+ employee company. This position will assist with the human resources functions including recruiting, employee relations, benefits, leave of absences & compliance and be the main point of contact for our retail store managers.
Essential Job Functions
• Process bi-weekly payroll using ADP Workforce Now (transitioning to UltiPro)
• Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner
• Audit timekeeping records and consult employee and/or manager about discrepancies
• Audit and process paid time off (sick, vacation, holiday), and any reimbursements
• Process manual checks, including but not limited to terminations
• System maintenance, including, but not limited to timekeeping input, pay codes upkeep, and garnishment processing
• Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting, verifying, and analyzing information
• Produce and maintain reports, including, but not limited to overtime, PTO, and attendance
• Set-up new hires in payroll including schedules and ensure profile accuracy and completeness
• Ensure fringe benefits are properly recorded on employee paychecks
• Assist in audits as needed by HR management
• Advise and implement new processes to streamline payroll administration
• Maintain employment applications/resumes, submit and follow up on background checks, employment verifications
• Complete employment offer letters, E-Verify, I-9 and all required documentation for file
• Ensure original records are filed in personnel folders according to applicable law
• Maintain employee files in accordance with record keeping and retention requirements
• Provide guidance to retail store managers regarding time & attendance and employee related issues
• Post open position on recruiting websites & assist with pre-screening and scheduling candidates
• Maintain company profile on Glassdoor and LinkedIn
• Assist in planning and set-up of company events & functions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Minimum 2 years of experience processing payroll
• General knowledge of HR policies, procedures, regulations, processes, and handling of sensitive data
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel)
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Positive attitude and exceptional customer service for internal and external customers
• Ability to focus on details to ensure accuracy in completing duties
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Capable of effective planning and priority setting
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
• Retail industry experience a plus
• Prior experience with using UltiPro strong plus
Required Education and Experience
• 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree or related experience.
Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports.
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and employees.
Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about company building.
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up products.
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.
LJG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information and any other characteristics protected by law.