Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Proven track record and examples of experience developing in Shopify using Liquid
• Experience building high-quality, responsive layouts with smooth interactions, transitions and animations
• A deep understanding of using Shopify’s various public APIs
• Proficiency using libraries and frameworks such as Bootstrap and React
• Proficiency using build tools (e.g. Gulp, Grunt, Theme Kit)
• Proficiency working with version control systems (i.e. Git) within the command line.
• Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
• Awareness of web performance best-practice, developing for accessibility and SEO
• Experience with cross-browser and device testing websites
• Proficiency with extracting assets from Creative (e.g. PSD, XD, INDD and AI files)
• Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
• Experience building ADA compliant web builds
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Passion For Design – capable of understanding and creating and leveraging modern design practices in builds where creative is otherwise not provided
• Familiarity with developing third-party software within the Shopify application ecosystem
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment
• Experience Sketch, Invision, or Adobe XD
• Proficient in setting up development and staging environments.
• Proficient in using and altering MySQL databases
• Familiarity with domain management and DNS records
• Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall work environments
• Familiarity with digital marketing/advertising and the role development plays.
• Familiarity with other web languages such as PHP/Ruby
• Familiarity in working with cloud data servers such as AWS and GCP
• Proficient in systems administrative tasks, such as cache setup/configuration, server load balancing, CDN technologies, etc.
Required Education and Experience
• 3+ years of work experience developing in Shopify/Shopify Plus, demonstrated in a portfolio
Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports.
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and employees.
Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about company building.
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up products.
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.
LJG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information and any other characteristics protected by law.