Amer Sports is a dynamic, global sports company offering passionate achievement-oriented professionals the chance to succeed and flourish in an international environment. Our globally recognized brands include Salomon, Arc’teryx, and Atomic, among others. We are a company where ambitious, competent and motivated people can make their mark. All our team members are ready to strive for the best of the company and to win together. Just like our customers, we are dedicated to an active lifestyle and sports. Join us.
What You’ll Do
We are currently seeking a Credit Manager to exercise good judgment to help improve the sales potential across our category of Brands while protecting our accounts receivable investment. This role will formulate credit policies for management approval, and establish general policies, procedures, and work instructions for managing credit, collections and A/R risk management.
The Manager will partner with stakeholders to facilitate best in class customer-credit-sales relationships while developing strong relationships with customers to drive cash flow and mitigate bad-debt losses. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Utilize all available credit information to evaluate credit risk, predict customer payment behavior and determine appropriate payment terms and credit limits for each account. Manage ad hoc and seasonal credit review process, oversee credit analysts performing analysis and approve credit limits that exceed analyst’s approval authority.
• Review credit organization activities and recommend best practices suited for carrying out objectives.
• Drive business process improvements and lead with a bias towards continuous improvement.
• Work with internal departments to enable sales, mitigate risk, drive cash flow and meet organizational objectives.
• Establish and monitor standards of performance for credit analyst positions and focus on developing the skillset of direct reports to best support the department and the organization.
• Oversee local credit team and collaborate with overseas Shared Service Center to support business objectives and manage execution of departmental activities.
• Assist the Director of Credit and others in periodic analyses of the market, economy, industry and business conditions affecting the company’s credit policies.
What We Are Looking For
The Credit Manager role requires a bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years related experience in a similar environment (or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree). Qualified candidates must also have 3+ years’ experience managing others; and a thorough understanding of the legal aspects of credit/AR along with a strong understanding of bankruptcy laws. Professional certifications such as CBA, CBF, CCE or CICP preferred. Other qualifications include:
• Strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills are needed to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Daily interaction with senior management; ability to handle confidential discussions and documents
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills
• Passionate team leader and team player
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Advanced in MS Office and systems applications
• Knowledge of SAP and GetPaid software preferred
What We’ll Provide
This role is based at the regional headquarters for our Amer Sports Winter & Outdoor category of Brands in the city of Ogden, Utah--the gateway to the many exciting ski spots and other outdoor recreation.
We offer a great working environment in the sports industry with talented & passionate colleagues all over the world! Other benefits and perks include:
• Medical, dental and vision
• 401k with company match
• Life insurance, pre-tax transit benefit program
• Discounts on Amer Sports products
• Smart casual dress
• Summer hours
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Please follow the Apply Now button to submit your profile.