As an Apparel Product Developer, you’ll work within Pactimo’s team to provide both technical and product-based direction. In this 30 hour a week position, you are an on-staff product advocate and are responsible for seeing the bigger picture on all aspects of the garment development from concept to production ready. This person will focus mostly on the women’s apparel and accessories. The position will be responsible for developing all necessary garments, as requested on the appropriate seasonal calendar. Within this, accountability for each project includes: construction, form, fit, meeting criteria to product briefs, manufacturing feasibility, and project schedules.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Take 2-D designs or modified garment samples and develop spec packs for our factory; making technical design adjustments as needed to best execute the product.
- Schedule and conduct fittings and evaluating all construction on all samples. Responsible to call the fittings and be sure all necessary attendees have been invited.
- Maintain all tech packs/product specifications
- Understand fitting and adjustments needed for knit/compression apparel as well as wovens and their special considerations.
- Maintain status tracking for all assigned Pactimo products.
- Adhere to calendar and on-time execution of development for timely product launch
- Work with materials coordinator on any materials issues, giving feedback on what works, what doesn’t as sampling progresses.
- Understand garment costing and cost impact on styles from initial development through to production. When help is needed to review and examine any costs, stepping in to manage this communication with the factory.
- Evaluate and monitor factory quality in garments, giving feedback and direction when improvements are needed.
- Collaborating with development team, merchandising team, designer, materials, management, operations, production staff, account managers, sales, customers and suppliers throughout the development process.
- Ability to work independently and manage own schedule and work load
- Clear and effective communicator; comfortable with daily conversations with global contacts and colleagues
- Responsible for W’s products, accessory items from our factory as well as 3rd party suppliers.
- Responsible for QC conversations when related to products under your area of development. If issues arise from Customer Service, looking at the product problem and working with the necessary team members to be sure it has been resolved.
-Work towards deadlines and delivering on projects on the corporate operational calendar for all divisions.
- Flexibility to unforeseen changes and to take on other tasks/responsibilities as assigned.
Apparel Product Developer
|Required Experience:||5 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|
Posted 9 days ago
The ideal candidate is an organized, efficient and detail-oriented person with at least 5+ years of technical apparel development, fit and construction experience, preferably in sport fashion or technical apparel. He/she will have proven experience working with internal & external designers, project managers, product managers brand managers, operations and apparel factories and should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Pactimo provides a super positive, team-oriented environment, competitive pay, product discounts, full benefits including medical/dental, paid vacation, 401K plan with matching company contribution.