Independent Sales Rep - California (central), Minnesota, Michigan
- Ouray Sportswear
- Multiple Locations
- Central Cal | Minnnesota | Michigan
- 0 year(s)
- Not Available
Ouray Sportswear is an industry leader in decorated apparel and headwear. Located just outside of Denver, in Englewood, CO, the company designs, manufactures and decorates unique products for the destination resort market.
Our resort customers include beach, lake and mountain resorts, hotels, breweries, distilleries, wineries, ski areas, marinas, outdoor outfitters and other tourist attractions.
We also provide private label headwear and apparel for other goods manufacturers, movie studios, entertainment venues, state and national parks etc. The possibilities are virtually unlimited!
We pride ourselves on great customer service, quick reorder turnarounds. We create our own line of products, have our own in-house creative and production art teams, as well as in-house production facilities.
The Outside Sales Rep will interact directly with customers in their designated territory to design and order Ouray products to be sold at the retail level. This is an independent contractor position.
Compensation is commission only.
Interested parties should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain and grow existing customer base and aggressively pursue new opportunities within your territory
• Visit existing customers on a regular basis to maintain relationships, seize opportunities when they arise and continue growth of the territory
• Handle all sales related tasks from prospecting, closing sales, building orders, maintaining pricing and order minimums, and following up for reorders
• Work closely with your customer service representative to provide excellent customer support and service to our customer base
• Communicate to Ouray internal departments regarding artwork, delivery dates, payment processes, orders, territory development funding, and promotions
• Work with sales management to produce accurate monthly/quarterly and yearly sales forecasts for optimal production needs and inventory management
• Work closely with product design and development team to convey latest industry trends, market trends, and competition status
• Attend trade shows to present the Ouray Resort line
• Attend yearly sales meeting, usually held in late August in Colorado
• Travel as required
Qualified applicants will possess this skillset:
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to skillfully build lasting customer relationships
• Self-motivated, highly organized, and focused attention to detail
• Patience and ability to change, adapt, and learn within a complicated industry
• Ability to prospect and close the sale
• General knowledge of apparel and headwear markets
• Understanding of the sales cycle and that of your customers
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft AX a plus.
-very competitive commissions
-rewarding and achievable bonus programs
-no need to work in an office