Wax Research is a leading action sport wax and accessory manufacturer, distributing and merchandising the highest quality surf, snow and bike accessories & wax since 1971.
The In-House Sales Associate is responsible for supporting the sales team by providing administrative support, managing inquiries from wholesalers, distributors, end users, and assisting logistics by monitoring the day-to-day flow of the shipping department.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Answer, screen and transfer incoming phone calls
• Customer service, order tracking, customer issue resolution
Sales, Logistics & Customer Service
• Responsible for day to day sales enquiries from Preferred, Wholesale, Retail, Reps
• Responsible for technical support through telephone, email and social media channels
• Assist in production of sales and marketing literature and products
• Assist with marketing plan provided by product managers – website, social media, advertising, PR distribution, digital email lists, etc.
• Ecommerce data entry
• General support to sales team as required, travel cover etc.
• Occasional event support.
• Brand Team/Rider support
• Special projects as assigned
• Organizes outbound shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; monitors appropriate shipping container; ensures packaging supports safe delivery.
• Prepares bills of lading; checks items “to be shipped” against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
• Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped
• Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
• Handles Amazon and Website product updating.
• Maintains adequate shipping supplies; keeps shipping room fully stocked with all products.
• Processes B2C orders through QuickBooks software.
• Operates forklift, dolly, and pallet jack to convey, move or hoist materials to proper areas, and assist unloading trucks.
• Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety control standards.
• May assist in training employees performing related work.
• Assists with other warehouse-related activities as needed
Minimum Job Requirements
• Computer knowledgeable
• High School Diploma
• 3 years’ experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Ability to maintain quality and safety standards. Follow standard operating procedures, lift, and move boxes up to 50lbs.
• Amazon maintenance skills; updating prices, photos, products, etc.
• Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
• Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures.
• Personable with good communication skills and a quick learner.
• Detailed oriented with attention to product presentation (packaging).
Please submit resume and intro letter through Malakye.