The Shipping and Receiving Clerk performs functions of shipping and receiving, material handling, inventory management and preparing items for shipment to ensuring cost effective courier services and damage free arrival. The position also assists with ensuring sufficient backstock of products are readily available and that the warehouse remains organized and clean.
Compensation: $15 - $18 hourly range, non-exempt position, Health and Dental, Holidays, and Vacation Benefits
Hours: M-F 7:30am – 4pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares outbound shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
• Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
• Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped
• Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
• Handles Amazon and Website product updating.
• Maintains adequate shipping supplies; keeps shipping room fully stocked with all products.
• Processes B2C orders through QuickBooks software.
• Operates forklift, dolly, and pallet jack to convey, move or hoist materials to proper areas, and assist unloading trucks.
• Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety control standards.
• May assist in training employees performing related work.
• Assists with other warehouse-related activities as needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Computer knowledgeable
• 3 years experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Ability to maintain quality and safety standards/ Follow standard operating procedures and lift and move boxes up to 50lbs.
• Amazon maintenance skills; updating prices, photos, products, etc.
• Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
• Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures.
• Personable with good communication skills and a quick learner.
• Detailed oriented with attention to product presentation (packaging).
Wax Research is a leading action sport wax and accessory manufacturer distributing and merchandising the highest quality surf, snow and skate wax and accessories since 1971.
Please submit resume and intro letter through Malakye.com