This Financial Reporting Manager will be reporting to the Corporate Controller and is accountable for leading the world-wide Financial Reporting function of the Clarus Organization including; establishing best in practice closing procedures, preparation of corporate consolidation and supporting spreadsheets, preparation of annual proxy statement, preparation of required pro forma statements for SEC reporting, coordination of auditing activities with the independent auditors, creating BOD reporting package for CFO and leads 401K Retirement Plan administration.
Some essential functions for the Financial Reporting Manager are:
• Develop Finance team financial reporting goals that are fully aligned with the foundation goals.
• Leads coordination with providing information to external auditors.
• Ensure the financial reporting team delivers the highest standard of departmental, cross departmental and cross foundation teamwork and customer service.
• Ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals
2. Management Reporting
• Responsible for preparation of external financial reporting for the Clarus Organization.
• Research technical accounting subjects and prepare related memos.
• Work in conjunction with the IT group and Corporate Controller to ensure financial management reporting tools and processes are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the business.
• Develop and prepare a monthly BOD Reporting Package.
• Develop regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required.
3. Global accounting reserves
• Maintain global policies for inventory, warranty, accounts receivable and sales returns reserves.
• Responsible for the Global review of accounting reserves and supporting metrics.
• Prepare global reserves summary memo each quarter that support’s the organization’s reserve levels.
4. Global Systems, Policies, and Procedures
• Recommend to Senior Management and or develop global operational controls that will help facilitate the growth of the company.
• Assist in implementation of IT controls over the Organization’s strategic technology systems and projects and their prioritization.
• Manage 401K service provider relationships and all technical and compliance related issues.
• Ensure 401K plan complies with IRS and ERISA guidelines and requirements including managing the year-end audits.
• Periodically review 401K investment fund performance and provide update to the 401K investment committee.
• Required: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Preferred: Master’s in accounting or MBA.
• Required: 4-6 Years, public accounting and CPA.
Skills and general experience:
#Strategic thinking and planning skills
• Experience with US and local GAAP
• Understanding of best practices to implementation new US GAAP pronouncements
• Strong business acumen
• Ability to complete financial statement preparation (SEC form 10-K and 10-Q) within specified Company deadlines
#Managing and Leading
• Able to communicate effectively and lead others through changes in financial reporting requirements
• Able to effectively communicate deadlines and closing requirements to accounting teams, coach and develop others
• An individual who seizes opportunities and takes initiative as appropriate
#Influence and Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Relationship building and rapport skills
• Influencing and networking skills
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to work in conjunction with all members of the finance team to complete financial statement preparation and file submission with the SEC on a quarterly basis
• On an ongoing basis, evaluates and prioritizes financial reporting activities for continuous improvement, focusing people resources and key business priorities
Alternative qualification for the Financial Reporting Manager:
• 4-6 years working knowledge in accounting and finance with at least 3 years of public accounting experience
• Exceptional Interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
• Knowledge of Financial and ERP systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software
Required licenses: CPA required
At BD, benefits begin on the first of the month following your date of hire with a generous portion of medical and dental paid for by BD. You also will get employer paid life insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, as well as other wellness benefits, 401k, vacation and wellness time off, and company paid holidays. If that isn't enough, we are also a pet-friendly workplace with a casual dress code! If your passions are also in the outdoors, then you will also enjoy employee discounts on BD gear and apparel.
Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Black Diamond Equipment HR representative.