Black Diamond is a company of users. We’re a company that's not just for rock climbers and skiers, but one that stands for the spirit of the sports we live. We're the greatest dreamers about what could be, and the harshest of critics about what exists. Our passion, dedication, and diligence is what drives our incredible team to relentlessly design, engineer and build the world's best climbing, skiing and mountain equipment. Bound by our undying passion for climbing, skiing and mountain adventure since 1957, our team’s limitless energy and hands-on involvement continues to create a promising future for all climbers and skiers worldwide.
Black Diamond Equipment is looking for a dynamic Retail Store Manager to oversee the daily operation of our brand new store in Burlington, Vermont; assuring excellent customer service is provided by well trained, highly motivated and personable staff. This role includes strategic sales and marketing plans to drive revenue into the store, budgeting, financial reporting and maximizing profits with minimum cost. This individual will have responsibility for merchandising, inventory control and pre-season purchasing, compiling sales data and monitoring trends. It is expected the Retail Store Manager will be on-site and oversee employee-customer interactions serving as a sales person as required.
• Management of the retail store to achieve profit objectives; including training and motivating staff to provide excellent customer service.
• Establish daily sales quotas for sales team and store, reviewing performance and recognizing accomplishments.
• Responsible for planning, forecasting, budgeting and financial reporting.
• Create sales/marketing strategies, promotions, advertising, merchandising programs.
• Plan inventory and pre-season purchases; inventory control, negotiating with vendors and suppliers for procuring non-BD products.
• Evaluate customer feedback, sales reports, trends, competitor strategies/programs, etc., and provide timely information to Manager of DTC and colleagues.
• Communication with customers as needed, resolve problems and spend a portion of time on the sales floor actively selling.
• Making the safety of the staff and store, including responding to alarm calls.
• Assist BD employees with employee discount program and equipment rentals.
• Attend national and global sales meetings.
• Facilitate new store openings.
• Collaborate with the Retail Director on specialized projects.
Who You Are:
• You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales/Merchandising, Business or relevant work experience
• You have 3-5 years of retail store management experience in the outdoor equipment industry
• Budgeting, time management, staffing/scheduling personnel, product knowledge, computer skills and basic accounting skills are a way of life
• You’re an outdoor enthusiast with experience and knowledge of rock climbing, skiing and mountaineering
Benefits begin on the first of the month following your date of hire with a generous portion of medical and dental paid for by BD. You also will get employer paid life insurance, Short and Long Term Disability as well as other wellness benefits, and 401k. BD offers supplemental accident, hospital insurance and pet insurance. If your passions are also in the outdoors, then you will also enjoy discounts on industry gear and apparel.
Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.