Want to learn more about Black Diamond Equipment and our culture? Follow this link:https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_US/content/careers/
The Buyer / Planner is a key role in the Supply Chain Dept. that is responsible for assuring inventory supply (which includes both supply planning and buying activities) to best meet global requirements across multiple distribution and sales channels. It is essential that this role has a keen understanding of the product/category market, sales seasonality, vendor capacity and reliability, and transit times in order to strike the optimal balance between high inventory availability and inventory risk / carrying costs.
The Buyer/Planner will execute purchasing and inventory management transactions including PO writing, channel allocations, delivery date and logistics tracking, system maintenance, product specification communication, Customer invoicing, accounts payable communication, and management of daily vendor activities. The Buyer/Planner will work as a liaison between Black Diamond Inc. and suppliers to support capacity planning and load balancing, especially when there are constraints or seasonality challenges. The role serves as main point of contact for Sales in regards to product availability.
In addition, as applicable, will own a variety of demand planning, forecasting and reporting activities. This position will interact with a variety of departments or regions to collect sales and market data with the ultimate goal of developing a demand forecast in support of company goals.
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or related field.
• Alternative qualification: 1+ years of relevant purchasing, inventory control, and requirements planning may substitute for college degree.
• Required: 1+ years in a purchasing role utilizing an ERP platform and 1+ years experience in a forecast, capacity, production or supply planning environment or experience.
• Preferred: 1+ years of the above experience specifically in planning, purchasing and inventory control.
Skills and General Experience:
• Excellent communication (verbal & written), organizational, analytical/problem-solving and administrative skills.
• Ability to understand and communicate with specific and diverse hierarchical/cultural audiences.
• Proven ability to multi-task, organize, schedule, and track information to and from various sources.
• Highly proficient with MS Office especially MS Excel and MS Power Point.
• Experienced with ERP / MRP tools such as Navision (preferred), SAP, Oracle or similar
• Ability to work cooperatively across multiple functions and within a team-based structure.
• Must have an excellent understanding of the upstream and downstream of the supply chain process.
• Demonstrates initiative, flexibility and provides complete follow through on areas of responsibility.
Knowledge of climbing and skiing is helpful.
Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Black Diamond Equipment HR representative.