Global Marketing Manager, Cannondale Pavement
- Cycling Sports Group
- United States
- Wilton, CT
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Cycling Sports Group, located in Wilton, Connecticut, is seeking a Global Marketing Manager for its Cannondale Pavement category.
Develop and implement innovative marketing planning and strategy for the Cannondale road and urban/fitness segments. Collaborate with PMD, R&D, global marketing team, sales, external agencies and other segment managers to execute and deliver consistent product stories for the brand segment, globally.
- Lead the development of all Cannondale road and urban/fitness segments global marketing objectives, strategies, and tactics
specifically for the annual marketing planning process. Communicate the overall strategic plan and executional elements to all global
regions and balance global strategies with local marketing conditions and needs.
- Plan and oversee the advertising and promotion activities for the brand product lines including print, digital, social, sales collateral,
- Collaborate with global regions to ensure messaging works for region and make regional tweaks, as necessary. Maintain consistent
approach across all marketing efforts and uphold brand guidelines.
- Develop launch strategies for the new products within the road and urban/fitness portfolio that incorporates all consumer and dealer
touchpoints including, but not limited to: launch presentations, photo/video, social media plans, ad campaigns, buzz marketing, in-
store communication and collateral.
- Work directly with all the global regions (US, Europe, Japan, China, UK, Brazil) to customize the global marketing plan, and new
product launches, to best meet their regional needs.
- Relay technical stories to retailers and consumers in an easily identifiable format. Portray these stories in our catalog with creative
and relevance to market.
- This position requires strong collaboration between the creative team, external agencies, and product management group, along with
other functional groups.
- Conduct well-prepared, educational, engaging presentations for sales meetings, product launches, and other events with internal and
external customers. Support trade shows as needed.
- Write clear and compelling new product marketing briefs – product positioning, market insights, competitive analysis, consumer
profiles, key features and benefits, that drive the creation of all marketing communications and creative collateral.
- Utilizing the new product brief - create, develop, and measure the success of comprehensive marketing campaigns by developing
marketing plans, tactics and all marketing collateral – brochures, microsites, print and digital ads, social media plans, in-store
- Coordinate the planning and execution of all road and urban/fitness product photography and video – including the hiring of
photographers and videographers, scripting, storyboarding, shooting and editing of all product marketing videos and photography
needs for each model year to provide the storytelling and photo/video assets needed for all marketing materials, dealer books,
- Leverage consumer insight studies and competitive analysis to identify overall business trends, market opportunities and unique
consumer needs to help guide product development and to position the product portfolio.
- Create and manage marketing campaigns to support critical product lines in an on-going basis, through paid advertising, social media
campaigns, and creating stories and promotions.
- Collaborate with Director of Sports Marketing to activate the road sports marketing teams and road ambassadors (e.g. Cannondale-
Drapac Pro Cycling) to drive consumer engagement, dealer engagement and to validate the performance advantage of Cannondale
- Support marketing efforts when implementing the launch of new initiatives. Work closely with creative team in ensuring the “voice of
Cannondale” is consistent across all customer touch points.
- Create specific and simple brand/product communication – language that clearly and consistently, in all forms of marketing,
communicates the positioning, key features and benefits of the Cannondale road and urban/fitness line.
- Develop compelling and breakthrough product and brand storytelling.
- Financial Responsibilities/Scope
- Collaborate with senior brand manager on the management of road and urban/fitness global marketing budgets. Build marketing
plans, identify vendors, bid jobs to appropriate agencies and vendors, manage the tracking of the work, submit invoices and ensure
timely payment upon delivery of work product that meets defining criteria of the project.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing with an emphasis in business.
- Exceptional strategy development skills coupled with very strong execution and project management skills.
- Leadership expertise in integrated marketing and communications, marketing, campaign strategy, program management, demand
generation marketing strategies, and customer life cycle metrics.
- The ability to understand and appropriately apply key fundamental marketing concepts, processes and practices related to driving
customer demand and motivation.
- An excellent team player with the ability to manage up and across to build, foster and nurture relationships across departments.
- Be a high-energy, can-do person who can operate in fast moving environment and have the ability to re-direct projects as needed.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project).
- Proven public speaking and presentation skills and comfortable speaking on-camera.
- Must be willing to travel regularly globally.
- Must have experience in the bicycle industry and have a strong grasp of the technical elements of road bikes and the road race scene.
- Must be adaptable to unpredictable hours and work schedule.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!