Cycling Sports Group is looking for an established Outside Sales Representative/Account Manager to handle the Southern California territory.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Sell to a select territory of dealers, providing excellent customer service and exhibiting finely tuned sales skills.
• Travel to new and existing accounts on a regular basis, visiting each dealer and potential dealer every six weeks.
• Track dealer visits with daily call report and send report to Sales Operations as appropriate and requested.
• Identify new business opportunities and make contacts with prospective customers.
• Assist dealers with inventory analysis and make suggestions for improving inventory.
• Note competitor’s products and price points. Communicate competition information to internal Product Development and Executives appropriately.
• Distribute POP to dealers as necessary.
• Spend time with dealers’ sales people, training them on product and sales techniques as appropriate.
• Maintain relationships with existing customers through effective customer service.
• Help to oversee the development of and conduct sales and product presentations.
• Work with product managers in creating a product that will meet customers’ approval.
• Promote each new product line for each year.
• Maintain regular contact with inside Account Executive assigned to territory, and work together to resolve dealer issues and improve sales and service techniques.
• Attend local cycling events.
• Notify Sales Operations of over/under performance according to forecast.
• Assist with the annual marketing and sales plan development.
• Assist in product packaging development and pricing strategies as needed.
• Recommend and implement new sales strategies.
• Assist with logistics and distribution to ensure optimal delivery for customers.
• Follow internal controls and company policies set by company and job function.
• Contribute to the success of company by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years experience in the bicycle/sporting goods industry required, to include dealership experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Mastery knowledge of bicycle parts and assembly required.
• Superior customer service and sales skills required.
• Must be a team player and willing to assist in other areas such as logistics and inside service.
• Must be able to use MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be willing to travel on a daily basis.
• Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
• Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
• Valid drivers’ license required.
• Operable and reliable personal vehicle required.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Prior IBD sales experience beneficial.
• SAP knowledge beneficial.
• Independent dealership management experience beneficial.
• Successful cold calling experience.
• Must be able to move bicycles around store displays, must be able to demonstrate bicycle use.
• Must be able to travel via automobile to visit customers.
Outside Sales Representative/Account Manager
Southern California California
|Required Experience:||2 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|
Posted 13 days ago