Apparel Developer - Cut & Sew / Printables
- United States
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
The Primitive team is looking to add a Apparel Developer - Cut & Sew / Printables.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on Illustrator and photoshop. Also have at least 2 years of cut & sew and printables development experience. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone with a strong work ethic who is eager to learn, very organized, and passionate about the industries we serve. You will be a part of a small, hard-working team, and your contributions will have a major impact on the overall success of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with design and production team, under guidance of Merchandising
• Maintain seasonal product WIPS and costing.
• Prepare and maintain technical spec sheets
• Analyze, measure and evaluate product samples and provide clear sample comments with regard to technical details, quality, construction and fit
• Maintain and log regular communication with domestic and overseas vendors, tracking prototype and revised sample progress
• Create and maintain fabric, packaging and trim libraries
• Organize and manage product storage system, including R&D samples, size sets, photo samples, etc
• Ensure all product / material testing requirements are identified and met by vendors
• Assist Merchandising & Production with product development calendar and tracking reports, and costing
• Work closely with team members to achieve seasonal and fast-track goals of on-time delivery
• 2-5 years of apparel development
• Experience working with domestic and overseas vendors
• Experience with various construction methods, materials, silhouettes, print techniques, etc.
• Experience in sportswear, technical garments, cut & sew, and printables a plus
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelors degree or relevant on the job experience in apparel product development,
• Knowledge of the product creation process
• Knowledge of factory processes, equipment, techniques, etc.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail (maintaining development WIP)
• Ability to communicate clearly and objectively
• Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office Software – Outlook / Word / Excel
• Must be a self-starter, able to set and see through daily / weekly / seasonal tasks and projects
• Have a strong work ethic, with personal and professional integrity
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator software is a must