Primitive Skate is hiring a Hardgoods Product Developer. This is a great opportunity to join an incredible team and bring the best skate products to market. It goes without saying you need to be a skater and bringing quality goods to market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work closely with design and production team, under guidance of Merchandising
a. Work directly with Production on daily style setup needs, costing, delivery expectations, and sample approvals.
2. Prepare and maintain technical spec sheets
a. Daily communication with Design and Merchandising on any product details that need to be updated or changed post sample arrival
3. Analyze, measure and evaluate skate product samples and provide clear sample comments with regard to technical details, quality, construction and shape
a. Samples arrive daily and need to be reviewed in person with their corresponding Designers, any the Merchandising lead.
b. Post sample comment review meetings, Developer must respond accordingly with factories.
4. Maintain and log regular communication with domestic and overseas vendors, tracking prototype and revised sample progress
a. Gather and maintain all samples that may require sending out reference shapes and color quality.
5. Organize and manage product storage system, including R&D samples, size sets, photo samples, etc.
a. Actively maintaining the Creative Server portions that involve Development
i. Tech Packs
iii. Line Plan factory costs
vi. New Trim development
6. Ensure all product / material testing requirements are identified and met by vendors
7. Must be able to meet with vendors and available for travel. Experience traveling to Asia is a plus.
8. Adhere to the product Merchandising Calendar and tracking samples and costing
9. Work closely with team members to achieve seasonal and fast-track goals of on-time delivery
a. Ownership of time sensitive in-season products that require daily attention.
⏵ 2-5 years of hard-goods and accessories development experience.
⏵ Experience working with domestic and overseas vendors
⏵ Experience with various materials, silhouettes, print techniques, etc.
⏵ Experience in skateboarding, or action sports industry, or marketplace a must
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
⏵ Bachelor’s degree or relevant on the job experience in product development,
⏵ Knowledge of the product creation process
⏵ Knowledge of factory processes, wood tooling, equipment, techniques, etc.
⏵ Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
⏵ Ability to communicate clearly and objectively
⏵ Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office Software – Outlook / Word / Excel
⏵ Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator software and Photoshop is a must
⏵ Able to set and see through daily / weekly / seasonal tasks and projects
⏵ Have a strong work ethic, very skilled in organization, does well with cross-functional communication with co-workers.
Please submit cover letter and resume through Malakye.com