The Director of Production / Purchasing will be responsible for developing and executing a strategy for Primitve’s expanding global vendor network.
This position will work closely with vendors to successfully allocate purchase orders in order to meet product demand. This Individual will coach and lead the purchasing and production team towards actively managing optimal stock levels, developing and managing Inventory KPIs, and driving production across the supply chain.
This role will also closely liaison with the Sales, Design and Product teams to ensure that the buy plans are aligned with the demand to achieve maximum inventory effectiveness. This position has a unique position of seeing the demand and supply value chain in its entirety, this individual will also align closely with the functional leaders and executive team to address demand and/or supply risks. Also, this role will also partner with our logistics teams to optimize inventory flow and delivery to Primitive distribution centers.
This role will have responsibilities in the following areas:
• Identify the systems requirements necessary for Primitive to optimally manage inventory, integrate forecasting, improve supplier management and shipping accuracy
• Management and execution of the company production calendar and product delivery calendar.
• Develop a process that integrates new product development into the forecasting and delivery process
• Develop a communication cadence and a set of metrics to understand how YETI is performing against inventory, delivery and forecasting targets. Lead corrective action implementation in those areas where performance is not meeting expectations.
• Establish a common data-set that aligns all functions on operational performance
• Roll-up the global demand plan and manage the global buy including delivery to global locations
• Ensure planning process & tools reflect the most up to date capacity information for the next 12, 18, and 24 months
• Develop supplier management expectations and supplier forecasts
• Reserve production space, negotiate prices and terms, and manage the logistics involved in deliveries to factories, ensuring quality manufacturing and on-time deliveries.
• Travel to factories, suppliers, and mills as needed to ensure production capacity, quality, and other commitments have been fulfilled.
• Oversee, train, and develop the Production Department professional staff, including organizing systems, workload, and individual responsibilities.
Please submit your resume and intro letter through the M, Malakye.