Primitive is looking for a Marketing / PR Manager with strong experience and success in the skate & apparel markets.
This position works directly with company decision-makers across multiple departments and is responsible for managing the execution of product launches, go-to-market plans and all other brand marketing infinitives. The Marketing / PR Manager will coordinate marketing communication with internal cross-functional teams, as well as external partners, media contacts, reps, international distributors, and creative agencies. This role requires a creative and strategic thinker with an emphasis on leveraging PR and brand communication strategy to drive ecommerce sales and maximize brand awareness. The Marketing / PR Manager plays a critical role in the development and strategy of the annual brand marketing plan as well as the leading the implementation and execution of that plan across all brand communication channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the decision-makers to create, develop and implement product release campaigns that support all distribution channels and reach across all brand communication platforms.
• Partner with internal product and merchandising team to ensure all merchandising initiatives are resonating with the end consumer via compelling brand messaging.
• Work with marketing team to develop the brand voice and ensure consistency across the various brand channels and alignment with external partners.
• Manage the production of photoshoots, executing on creative direction, asset deliverables, deadlines and budget.
• Serve as the brand communication liaison for reps, international distributors, agencies and other external partners. Facilitate any retail marketing needs or requests.
• Distribute relevant brand assets to distro list for each product release.
• Work with the ecomm team to facilitate requests and creative needs. Partner with the photo and creative teams to manage asset development and delivery.
• Serve as the brand communication liaison for our PR agency, providing weekly updates on product release calendar, special projects, and brand needs.
• Ensure the PR agency is delivering on expectations and achieving brand goals.
• Write press releases and execute other relevant copy writing needs.
• Manage all endemic media relationships and develop plans to maximize the brand’s visibility in those channels.
• Manage media inquiries and stylist product requests.
• Leverage existing media and brand relationships and cultivate new contacts with business and industry media
• Manage and execute the product seeding plan for each product release.
• Manage any event activation for the brand.
• Explore and evaluate new brand partnerships and sponsorship opportunities and recommend to the decision-makers whether the brand should participate.
• Maintain a strong and current understanding of market trends and make recommendations on how to innovate brand communications and activation.
• 5-7+ years of related marketing and PR management experience
• Must be detail-oriented, timeline driven and calendar focused
• Must have a strong skate and streetwear industry network
• Strong understanding of retail, wholesale and ecommerce apparel business.
• Excellent proactive communication skills – anticipate challenges and plan solutions
• Proven track record in leading and working effectively with cross functional teams
• Proven working experience in brand marketing and public relations
• Proven track record developing and executing successful brand campaigns at the local, regional and global level
• Photoshoot and event planning and production experience
• Excellent budget management skills required
• Must be able to find creative solutions to solve problems including the willingness to learn new techniques/methods as necessary
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe and project management platforms.
Please submit resume and intro letter through Malakye.com