Primitive is looking for a Senior Headwear & Accessories Product Developer that manages the day-to-day deliverables related to development from design hand-off through production.
• Collaborate with design team to execute styles from initial concept to production.
• Collaborate with design and production teams to source and develop garment trims.
• Manage fit sessions
• Maintain and communicate accurate proto specification packages, including illustrations and technical sketches, fabric and trims, construction details, patterns, bill of materials, and measurement charts.
• Track all fit samples associated with the product to ensure their movement through the product development process in coordination with the development calendar.
• Work with design and product teams to achieve desired costing and hit stated price point and margin goals while achieving design goals.
• Communicate effectively with factories as their primary contact on the development and confirmation of all styles.
• Review QC issues with Production and factories to evaluate and clarify issues and suggest improvements.
• Travel to factories as needed to review seasonal development progress.
• Understanding of apparel product process from initial tech pack to top of production approval
• 3-5 years of experience in a broad range of sportswear and technical knit and woven garments preferred.
• Excellent attention to detail with strong follow through. Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong computer skills and the ability to obtain information from various systems.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
• Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with a diverse audience.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines.
• Ability and desire to travel.