This is a newly created position to join our growing online marketing team. The E-commerce Specialist will join the online marketing team to assist in the day-to-day site management for AFTCO.com and marshwearclothing.com to create a cohesive consumer journey. This person reports to the Web Operations Manager and will need to have great communication skills to collaborate with several internal teams including: Customer Service, Visual Marketing, Product Development, Sales, and other 3rd party vendor partners.
We are seeking an individual who is looking to grow as an E-commerce professional, tech / web savvy, has a positive attitude, honed attention to detail, can thrive in a fast paced environment and possesses the ability to find creative ways to get the job done.
• Assist in managing Shopify E-commerce administration including:
- Optimizing all product listings as far as photography, product copy, and enhancing product page content in Shopify Plus.
- Create product listings for multiple channels including Facebook/Instagram, Google Shopping & Amazon.
- Managing active/inactive products, pricing/discounts, In stock vs. out of stock, swatches and variants, and product details.
- Update and maintain homepage, navigation, landing pages, collection, pdp, or any other necessary parts of the website.
- Excellent attention to detail as demonstrated in accuracy, grammar, and punctuation.
- Resolve listing issues and troubleshoot via 3rd party applications.
- Drive data driven product merchandising strategies to encourage conversions.
- Familiar with SEO and ability to create search-friendly titles, descriptions, and content.
• Coordinate with in-house photographer for product updates and catalog releases.
• Provide back-end administrative support to order processing, customer service team and returns processing.
• Assist with order flows and logistics as they relate to shipping and handling.
• Ensure site is operating at peak performance by auditing website and quality assessing functionality for a smooth customer experience utilizing analytics tools.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing / Business / E-commerce or related field.
• Experience with E-commerce platforms; preferably Shopify / Shopify Plus.
• Firm understanding of a modern E-commerce tech stack.
• Skills in Excel for CSV imports and data management.
• Basic HTML knowledge is not a requirement, but is preferred
• Skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom a plus.
• Product Photography experience.
• Familiar with SEO, CPC, CRO, A/B Testing.
Must be highly motivated, possess good communication skills, thrive in a fast pace environment, and eager to work as a team player. As a company we have donated 10% of our profits back to conservation every year since 1973 through our 10% Pledge. It is important that our employees share our passion of giving back.
• Ability to think creatively and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Effectively solve problems, prioritize, and follow through on assignments and projects.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Fishing, Outdoors, or Water enthusiast a plus, but not a requirement.
Since 1958, AFTCO has set the standard for fishing tackle and performance driven technical apparel. While many apparel companies were performing furloughs during the coronavirus, we did not take that route. Instead we opted to keep our staff employed and focused on E-commerce and other growth areas of our business. We are passionate about our products, time on the water, giving back to the resource and most importantly our employees. We believe strongly in taking our brightest employees and advancing their careers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package.