You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
As the Planning Manager, you will have the responsibility for providing leadership to the Canada Wholesale organization. You will be a trusted partner to the Canada Wholesale teams (Merchandising, Sales and Inventory Management) to guide the strategies and vision for the customer and the brands. You will partner to create forecasts based on historical and current trends, develop strategies and lead plan reviews. You will also be responsible for the development and management of at least one direct report.
About the Job
• Collaborate with Finance and Sales partners to develop top-down account financial targets, including long range strategic plans
• Collaborate with Canada Merchandising to develop seasonal category productivity targets (assortment architecture)
• Partner with Sales to develop seasonal strategies and build pre-season plans
• Develop bottom-up sales and inventory item plans for key accounts
• Partner with key account planning teams to reconcile primary product forecasts, identifying risks and opportunities for the accounts
• Represent accounts in monthly forecast reviews by presenting well informed and reasoned plan position vs annual targets. Gain agreement from LS&Co leadership and cross-functional partners and accomplish the plan positions
• Partner with Inventory Management partners to reconcile supply and customer demand monthly
• Conduct quantitative analysis to increase line profitability, monetize new opportunities and identify risks
• Provide account recommendation on inventory management, markdowns and movements to maximize sales, margins and minimize excess inventory
• Represent Canada Wholesale at essential milestone meetings, including S&OP, Volume Alignment and Investment Review
• Lead Planning team processes as needed
• Develop and coach at least one direct report
• International travel up to 25%
• Bachelor's degree (8+ years of combined college education and work experience may be substituted for a degree)
• Minimum five (5) years planning experience, wholesale apparel industry preferred
• Exceptional analytical, communication, presentation and influencing skills
• Proven ability to excel at leading a team and working in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment
• Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions)
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
• 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
• Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
• Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.
LOCATIONSan Francisco, CA, USAFULL TIME/PART TIMEFull timeCurrent LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.