Assistant Store Manager Job Description
Supports the Store Manager and/or Associate Store Manager in attaining Levi's® Store Iconic status by assisting in the development of the store team and contributing to the successful implementation of strategies and operational excellence that ensure brand equity, customer satisfaction and financial growth. Assumes responsibility for store in the absence of Store Manager and/or Associate Store Manager.
• Accountable for operational results in store procedures, payroll management, cash handling and inventory control
• Is accountable and holds others accountable for ensuring all operational standards are achieved
• Assists in the hiring, training and retention of a store staff that model Levis Strauss & Co (LS&Co) selling practices, deliver authentic customer service and meet sales goals
• Executes flawless store visual presentation by following corporate visual direction and recommending merchandising adaptations where needed
• Lead merchandising team to reliably accomplish productivity goals and completion of RFID-enabled inventory management processes and visual merchandising standards by operating the company tools and resources
• Hold merchandising team accountable to RFID-enabled inventory management and visual merchandising processes, effectively leading the team through change, ensuring adherence to best practices, and actively coaching the team for maximum productivity.
• Accountable to store manager for driving process adoption, proficiency, and effectiveness.
• Recruits and conducts screening interviews for stylist position and makes recommendations for new hires
• Participates in training process for new hires on LS&Co culture, product knowledge, selling practices and other associate responsibilities
• Coaches and develops staff to increase their knowledge and skill sets, providing opportunities for continued development and growth within the organization.
• Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent
• Manages minor employee relations issues including performance management and holding associates accountable for following LS&Co policies and procedures
• 3 years progressively responsible retail leadership experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Solid experience and demonstrated skills in supervising, coaching and training sales associates
• Strong retail apparel experience
• Extremely strong customer service orientation and the ability to multi-task; with the desire to work in a very fast paced environment and an ability to not become frustrated with last minute changes
• Excellent discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy
• Demonstrated ability to learn new computer programs quickly
• Must demonstrate an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in Levi Strauss & Co
• Exhibits the following characteristics:• Leads through change
• Provides clear direction
• Coaches for improvement
Our policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. We have established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Levi Strauss & Co. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the Recruiter if you require accommodation during the recruitment process. Informing the Company that you require an accommodation will not impact the selection process in any way, either favorably or negatively.
LOCATIONOttawa, ON, CANFULL TIME/PART TIMEFull timeCurrent LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.