You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
We are looking for an Area Manager who will be a strategist, developer, coach, and solid operator. You are comfortable and excel at identifying solutions. It is necessary you have the desire to help bring our fashion to the future while maintaining the integrity of our brand's past. Reporting to the District Manager, the purpose of this position will be to direct and lead strategies for a group of stores to achieve financial growth and sustained brand equity.
About the Job
• Guide profitable sales and meet store financial plans through decisions to accomplish essential performance goals in partnership with District Manager to align with company priorities and values
• Develop and flex business strategies, plans, and growth across all categories; communicate goals to the team, track performance to exceed established sales and performance goals daily
• Manage strategic planning and execution of company programs and pilots
• Demonstrate execution of all performance management tools, including annual performance review, to set expectations, coach and contribute to an environment that encourages engagement, retention and talent. Create development plans for continued growth of talent in the organization; participate in area staffing activities, including candidate interviewing; Make hiring, pay and termination decisions for management positions
• Manage management performance and provide frequent coaching and performance feedback; address performance issues
• Understand and comply with all Levi's® Stores policy, procedure, and programs
• Conduct store visits with the Store Managers to evaluate business opportunities to improve sales growth, profitability and service; adapt to business conditions based on sales data and store controls
• Provide leadership and direct the teams in prioritizing responsibilities, ensuring adherence to best practices.
• Communicate with team to align and help guide strategy, create environment that encourages engagement and change management
• Resolve consumer concerns in a manner consistent with company policy and with consumer satisfaction in mind. Partner with District Manager on elevated consumer issues; communicate and train on how the new process enables consumer experience, improves operations, and boosts company performance
• Ensure required tasks are completed by personally contributing and giving direction to other team members
• Enjoy being busy and juggling multiple tasks, accomplishing multiple tasks
• You are a collaborative role model exhibiting behaviors aligned with company culture of inclusion and belonging.
• You enjoy learning new tools and programs
• Ability to work a schedule that meets our needs, including on occasion, evening, weekend and holidays
• Perform all essential job responsibilities and able to lift up to 40 pounds. While performing the responsibilities of the job you may be required to stand, walk, kneel, squat, crouch, bend, stoop, talk and hear. You are occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, to type, reach overhead, and climb ladders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
• 8+ years progressive retail leadership experience and 5+ years of proven experience in store management position
• High school diploma or GED
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
• 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
• Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
• Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
• Paid Family Leave
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.
LOCATIONUS-MI-CORPFULL TIME/PART TIMEFull timeCurrent LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.