This summer 2020 you could have the opportunity to work for one of Levi Strauss & Co.’s iconic brands! Our San Francisco-based Summer Internship opportunities, among the Levi’s® and Dockers® brands, give students real world work experience and exposure to one of the world’s leading fashion and apparel companies. Our 10 week Summer Internship Program is the perfect way to gain work experience within the core of the organization, while learning what a career at LS&Co. might have in store for you.
In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, all interns will participate in an intern group project dedicated to a critical business initiative as well as be exposed to all areas of our business and our brands. Leadership seminars and career exploration series connect our interns to our leaders and educate around different career paths. Intern performance will be assessed using our internal review process.
Global Strategic Sourcing Internship
The department is responsible for all non-product expenditure across the company working with functions such as; Marketing, IT, Merchandising, HR, Finance, etc. to drive the best value possible from our supply base. Global Strategic Sourcing interacts with nearly every aspect of the company and often facilitates connections between functions as we see their commonalities of interest. Working with the team, you will be responsible for running a project that will include developing your negotiating skills to gain definitive, quantifiable achievements.
Primary responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
· As an integral part of the Global Strategic Sourcing team, drive specific initiatives to support LS&Co’s aggressive growth objectives.
· Lead design and implementation of strategy for Strategic Sourcing team globally.
· Partner with key stakeholders to define new project requirements, create indirect sourcing RFPs, build relationships with vendors, and execute category strategy.
· Measure performance and optimize to drive benefit and cost savings.
· Communicate the benefits and champion initiatives throughout the organization
· Developing a vendor rationalization strategy
· Providing analytical data and information to support Strategic Sourcing initiatives
· Performing market research to identify potential suppliers
· Provide analytics to aid in contract negotiations
· Coordinate spend analysis across the strategic procurement group
⏵ Collaborate effectively with various business partners to drive cross-functional projects.
⏵ Participate in cross-functional projects with various business partners to drive LS&Co. initiatives.
Requirements for the Internship:
· Currently a Junior in university, with expected graduation date of 2021
· Computer literacy including proficiency with MS Office applications
· Specific college coursework in an area relevant to the internship, or participation in a specific career development program
· Experience working on business process improvement and/or strategy projects for a global company a plus
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; detail orientated and thorough
· Ability to work well with diverse co-workers
· Ability to proactively seek out new learning opportunities; intellectual curiosity with the proven ability to learn new information quickly
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team
· Flexibility to perform a variety of different types & levels of work
· Superior analytical and problem solving skills; able to present strong, fact-based points of view
· Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with changing priorities
· Exceptional problem solving and organizational capabilities
· High degree of flexibility and initiative with limited direction
· Solid business judgment, including the ability to anticipate the impact of decisions & initiatives
· Excellent negotiation and conflict management abilities
· Trained in a sourcing methodology - with full understanding of Should Cost Modeling, Scorecards, SWOT, and similar sourcing tools
⏵ Strong skillset in Excel is mandatory (pivot tables and macros/formulas)
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
LOCATION1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111FULL TIME/PART TIMEFull time