This summer 2020 you could have the opportunity to work for one of Levi Strauss & Co.’s iconic brands! Our SanFrancisco-based Summer Internship opportunities, among the Levi’s® and Dockers® brands, give students real world work experience and exposure to one of the world’s leading fashion and apparel companies. Our 10 weekSummer Internship Program is the perfect way to gain work experience within the core of the organization, while learning what a career at LS&Co. might have in store for you.
In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, all interns will participate in an intern group project dedicated to a criticalbusiness initiative as well as be exposed to all areas of our business and our brands. Leadership seminars andcareer exploration series connect our interns to our leaders and educate around different career paths. Internperformance will be assessed using our internal review process.
Primary responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
· Support the design team with the design of product from inception to floor
· Contribute to the creation of innovative, commercially viable product that delivers value and style for the assigned consumer segment, as well as sustain the development, evolution and communication of a brand look that supports and deepens the brand value and identity
· Assist with data entry to track product development activities
· Participate in fit test and line adopt meetings
Requirements for the Internship:
· High school diploma or GED
· Currently in a Fashion Design (undergraduate or graduate) program with an accredited college /university with an anticipated graduation date of 2021
· Computer literacy including proficiency with MS Office applications
· Specific college coursework in an area relevant to the internship, or participation in a specific career development program
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; detail orientated and thorough
· Ability to work well with diverse co-workers
· Ability to proactively seek out new learning opportunities; intellectual curiosity with the proven ability to learn new information quickly
· Team orientation
· Ability to work independently
· Flexibility to perform a variety of different types & levels of work
· Ability to present strong, fact-based points of view
· Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with changing priorities
· Exceptional problem solving and organizational capabilities
· High degree of flexibility and initiative
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
LOCATION1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111FULL TIME/PART TIMEFull time