You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and improve the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.
As part of LS&Co strategy to confirm our vision for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, the current position is open within Global Merchandise Planning, Supply and Inventory management organization. You will be a part of the Global Demand & Supply Planning Data Science team. As a Software Engineer, you will work with different functions within the organization to help build strategic computational planning capabilities.
You will execute the design and deployment of a cutting edge live streaming demand & supply platform. You will lead the development of high quality, performing software that complies with coding standards, technical design and security.
• Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
• Write well-designed and, testable code.
• Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility in collaboration with IT and technology departments.
• Integrate software components into a functional software system.
• Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures, document and maintain software functionality.
• Troubleshoot and debug existing systems and applications.
• Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback.
• Ensure software is updated with latest features and technologies.
• Experience in A/B testing and interactive prototyping.
Required technical skills:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field.
• At least 7 years track record as a software engineer or a software developer.
• Have full knowledge of system analysis, unit testing and deployment.
• Have full control over software development life cycle (SDLC).
• Experience designing interactive web applications.
• Proficiency in writing code in different languages: C/C+, Java, Java Script, Python, Ruby on Rails or .NET
• Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases.
• Experience working with at least one cloud environment: Azure, AWS, GCP.
• Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework such as: AngularJS, Vue.JS, ReactJS, Django.
• Experience with test-driven development.
• Ability of working in a versatile team of data scientists, data engineers, business experts, web designers.
• Ability work with outside vendors and creative startups.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a snapshot:
• 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
• Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
• Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
Our policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital or family status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes.
LOCATION1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111FULL TIME/PART TIMEFull time