You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and improve the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
As part of LS&Co strategy to confirm our vision for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, the current position is open within Global Merchandise Planning, Supply and Inventory management organization. You will be part of the Global Demand & Supply Planning Data Science team. As a Technical Product Manager, you will interact with different functions within the organization to help build strategic computational planning capabilities.
You will execute the design and deployment of a cutting edge live streaming demand and supply platform. You will track progress of ongoing developments and delivery of the final product. You will have a cross-functional role to allow you to interact with business stakeholders, design, engineering and data science team members.
Desired education and work experience:
• Bachelor or master’s degree Management Information Systems, Computer Science, various Engineering fields, and equivalent technical field experience.
• A minimum 7 years demonstrated experience as a Technical Product Manager, with a consumer technology product.
• Translate needs from users, regional, and global partners into technical specifications.
• Craft a meaningful platform roadmap and promote the vision with stakeholders across the organization.
• Coordinate directly with UX/UI designers, engineering and data science team members to ensure technical feasibility of proposed designs and refine user stories for engineers to execute the build.
• Understanding of modern compute technologies, cloud architectures and machine/deep learning frameworks (e.g. AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, TensorFlow…).
• Manage the entire platform life cycle from ideation to planning, execution, and validation.
• Distill noise, clear bottlenecks, and understand inter-dependencies that define priorities.
• Work with IT team to ensure technical readiness as part of large-scale platform launches.
• Create KPIs to measure success, updating stakeholders (SQL, Python, and statistical techniques is a huge plus).
Required technical skills:
• Experience (5+ years) in Data Science and AI Product Management role.
• Experience in the following areas - UI/UX, websites/apps, API integrations, infrastructure, data (ML, AI) product.
• Background in mobile platform, cloud services and application software.
• Experience in A/B testing and interactive prototyping.
• Experience with developing and exercising cross-functional influence, translating between business owners and functional/technical teams.
• Experience with global corporate business processes and their relationship to technology using agile methodologies.
• Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling.
• Solid technical background with understanding and hands-on experience in software development, SaaS and web technologies.
• Successful track record managing projects from feature definition to project deployment through the development lifecycle.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
• 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
• Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
• Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
Our policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital or family status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes.
LOCATION1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111FULL TIME/PART TIMEFull time