At Levi Strauss & Co, we are revolutionizing the apparel business and redefining the way denim is made.
We are taking one of the world’s most iconic brands into the next century:
from creating machine learning-powered denim finishes to using block-chain for our factory workers’ wellbeing, to building algorithms to better meet the needs of our consumers and optimize our supply chain.
Be a pioneer in the fashion industry by joining our global Data, Analytics & AI “startup with “assets,” where you will have the chance to build exciting solutions that will impact our Americas business and at the same time be part of a bigger, across-continents, data science community.
The Senior DataSscientist will be instrumental in developing models that address specific business needs while being innovative and in bringing cutting-edge research into production.
The job responsibilities span over our entire lifecycle of data products and will include:
• Partner with stakeholders across the LSA org and own multiple roadmap workstreams to enable us to use advanced ML and DL techniques to solve complex retail problems
• Ideate problem statements with the team to put the best solution statements forward to our stakeholders
• Ensure that the risks associated with projects are raised proactively to ensure all projects stay on track
• Build complex predictive models using ML and DL techniques with production quality code and jointly own complex data science workflows with the Data Engineering team
• Mentor and grow junior members of the team in building the best of the class solutions on their roadmap items.
• 6+ years of prior experience in a business-focused Data Scientist role
• 6+ years of hands-on experience analyzing data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, building predictive models, and visualizing results.
• 6+ years of SQL development skills writing complex queries.
• 4+ years of experience with Python, R, Java, C++, Julia, or another widely used open-source programming language.
• 4+ years of experience deploying Machine Learning algorithms in a production environment.
• 3+ years’ experience in experience in Deep Learning engineering.
• Experience in Reinforcement Machine Learning is a huge plus.
• 3+ years’ experience with big data processing tools such as MapReduce, PIG, and HIVE, Hadoop, with considerable experience working with Spark.
• 6+ years of experience working with SQL and Non-SQL databases.
• 4+ years of experience with data visualization tools (D3.js, R Shiny, Looker, Tableau or similar).
• Experience working with cloud environments: AWS and/or Azure and/or GCP cloud platforms.
• Experience working with Linux/UNIX shell virtual machines.
• Familiarity with distributed systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka , Spark …)
• Experience using data access tools and building web application and simple UI solutions.
LOCATION1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111FULL TIME/PART TIMEFull time