You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and improve the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
As part of LS&Co strategy to confirm our vision for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. The current position is open within the Global Merchandise Planning, Supply and Inventory Management. You will be a part of the Demand & Supply Planning Data Science team. As Data Scientist you will interact with different functions within the organization to help build strategic computational planning capabilities. You will implement excellent Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms from training to deployment along with managing complex data science workflows.
Desired education and work experience:
• Master’s/PhD degree (computer science, applied mathematics, applied statistics, data science, or similar)
• Overall 7+ years (with Bachelor’s or Master’s) or 4+ years (for PhDs) relevant (hands-on) professional experience in data science, and applied statistics, and computer science, and machine learning engineering in the field of consumer goods and tech industry and retail industry.
• Partner with stakeholders across the organization to identify high-impact opportunities to use our data to serve our disruptive planning strategy.
• Build complex predictive models using Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms to substantially improve our planning process and contribute to business growth.
• Assess the potential usefulness and validity of new ML and DL approaches and data sources.
• Manipulate large databases with structured and unstructured (text, images, videos..) data from our sources.
• develop proof-of-concept prototypes to prove out hypotheses.
• Manage experience with data, including complex queries, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, advanced modeling and communication of applicable insights to audiences at varying levels of technical sophistication.
• Actively and continuously contribute to our data science culture and strategy.
Required Technical Skills:
• 3+ years of prior experience in a business-focused Data Scientist role
• 3+ years of hands-on experience analyzing data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, building predictive models, and visualizing results.
• 3+ years of SQL development skills writing complex queries.
• 4+ years of experience with Python, R, Java, C++, Julia, or another widely used open-source programming language.
• 4+ years of experience deploying Machine Learning algorithms in a production environment.
• 3+ years’ experience in experience in Deep Learning engineering.
• Experience in Reinforcement Machine Learning is a huge plus.
• 3+ years’ experience with big data processing tools such as MapReduce, PIG, and HIVE, Hadoop, with considerable experience working with Spark.
• 3+ years of experience working with SQL and Non-SQL databases.
• 3+ years of experience with data visualization tools (D3.js, R Shiny, Looker, Tableau or similar).
• Experience working with cloud environments: AWS and/or Azure and/or GCP cloud platforms.
• Experience working with Linux/UNIX shell virtual machines.
• Familiarity with distributed systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark…)
• Experience using data access tools and building web application and simple UI solutions.
Experience in Data Engineering and DevOps would be a nice to have.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
• 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
• Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
• Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
Our policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital or family status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any p
LOCATION1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111FULL TIME/PART TIMEFull time