You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
We’re looking for an Assistant Designer to support the graphic design needs for our Levi’s Men’s Apparel category. You will be ready to develop your existing skills by working with senior creative staff on a range of projects. You’ll contribute to our design vision that inspires both global and local creative hubs and brings our product to life, reflecting an understanding of and passion for the Levi’s brand. You'll support the creative direction of graphics with an understanding of print, typography, layout and graphic production that will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible.
About the Job• Reporting to the Senior Designer, Levi’s Graphics, Men’s Apparel
• Collaboration with vendors, senior team members and cross-functional teams (product development, merchandising and marketing)
• Production artistry: build physical and print ready digital mechanicals, photo compositing and color correction
• Support the team throughout the development of seasonal package design, POS graphic development, and graphic tee design and development
• Produce attractive designs, hand-sketching a huge plus
• Organize and archiving creative assets
• Offer input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
• Research in the form of: color theory, font families, building print techniques, comp shopping, new production processes
About You• You’re collaborative, adaptable, humble and strategic
• You have some formal education in Illustration, Graphic Design, Printed Textile or another relevant design field
• 1 - 3 years’ work experience in a design environment, apparel-based a big plus
• You’ve developed a good portfolio of design, exemplifying your creative process and trend research
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Suite and Excel; PLM experience/exposure
• Foundation in print graphics and print production
• Must be able to lift 15 lbs (i.e. packages, racks)
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
• 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
• Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
• Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
Our policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital or family status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes.
LOCATION1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111FULL TIME/PART TIMEFull time