You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
We are looking for a Data Scientist based in our European HQ in Diegem, Belgium. You will report to the Director of Data Science. You will help accelerate the effectiveness of Levi’s and Dockers global businesses. You will partner with merchandising, planning, and content teams to handle challenges of strategic importance to the company. You will also play an important role to help mentor team members, manage projects, work with outside vendors and consultants, and evolve processes to scale the work of the team. You will present recommendations to leadership and implement recommendations throughout the organization.
Lead assortment optimization projects:
• Partner with multiple teams to determine problem statements and hypotheses.
• Identify relevant data sources, collect, clean, and transform data to use in analyses.
• Explore data to increase understanding of customer behaviors, attitudes, and preferences.
• Develop state-of-the-art statistical procedures, algorithms, and models in Python to solve a range of problems in diverse domains.
• Design and deploy algorithmic solutions to better meet the needs of customers.
• Conduct experiments to test the effectiveness of models and sequentially iterate upon and improve deployed algorithms.
• Communicate project status accurately and on time. Ensure that projects follow established technical standards and methodology.
Use analytical models to reduce uncertainty and guide important decisions across the organization:
• Understand the customer lifecycle; produce relevant recommendations to increase revenue.
• Estimate the effect of micro and macro-economic trends and customer’s behavioral patterns on the business.
• Create compelling presentations for both internal and external customers using (D3.js, R Shiny, Looker, Tableau, or similar tools)
Collaborate cross functionally and in teams:
• Maintain a collaborative working relationship with several teams across the organization. Be the go-to person for questions about site personalization and user behavior.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of data sources relevant to each function.
• Lead by example and provide ongoing mentorship and guidance to our team of data scientists and analysts.
• Be part of our culture of continuous learning and improvement by providing solutions and accomplishing goals.
• Ensure the accuracy and relevance of the team's deliverables through frequent peer-reviews and pair-programming sessions.
• Master's/PhD Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistical Computing, or an equivalent discipline.
• 2+ years of prior experience in a business-focused Data Scientist role
• 2+ years of hands-on experience analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, building predictive models, and visualizing results.
• 2+ years of SQL development skills writing complex queries.
• 3+ years of experience with Python, R, Java, C++, Julia, or another widely used open-source programming language.
• 2+ years of experience deploying algorithms in a production environment.
• 2+ years’ experience with big data processing tools such as MapReduce, PIG, and HIVE, with considerable experience working with Spark.
• 2+ years of experience with data visualization tools (D3.js, R Shiny, Looker, Tableau or similar).
• Experience working with AWS ecosystem and Linux/UNIX shell.
• Experience using data access tools and building dashboards using large datasets and multiple data sources.
• Project management experience desirable.
• Experience in applying data-driven models to create impactful decisions.
• Well- organized and detail oriented, with a strong ability to simultaneously coordinate and track multiple deliverables, tasks and requirements.
What We Offer
• An opportunity to build a career with a world-renowned, historic fashion brand that lives by its values
• A chance to guide real change in an organization undergoing growth and transformation
• A diverse, international environment of smart , inspiring people
• A fun, creative , modern casual dress culture
LOCATIONZaventem, BelgiumFULL TIME/PART TIMEFull timeCurrent LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.