You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world. Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
We are looking for a Retail Expansion Manager for Dockers® Europe and AMA. Reporting to the Head of International Sales for Dockers®, this role will contribute to setting the strategic direction for across markets in Europe and AMA in order to grow the business profitably through Store Portfolio expansion and Franchise Development. In addition, this role will be responsible for sourcing and developing new franchises to deliver maximum profitability and reinforce Dockers® Brand image and values in the market, define and execute development plans, manage all the aspects of the relationship with franchisees, drive the transition towards excellence in franchise management, drive the expansion of the Store Portfolio, manage and constantly assess the existing portfolio of stores (openings, closings, contracts, locations, partners) in order to improve the profitability of the Retail Channel.
Responsibilities and Duties• As an integral member and representative of the Dockers® Sales Organization, closely cooperate with the Levi’s® Real estate COE, Franchise COE and peers to define and implement Global strategies and tools. Share commercial and real estate insights with both the Head of International Sales, Head of Sales for the America’s and Global Head of Dockers®
• Propose and agree on the most locally relevant strategy to grow the Franchise footprint in the market. Share insights and recommendations regarding terms and conditions, in order to negotiate and improve the franchise agreements
• Selection of partners: Find and develop new franchisees in line with Dockers® requirements, contracts and processes. Contact and discuss with potential new partners the ways of working and benefits of the franchise model
• Contract management: Active player in the negotiation with franchise partners, defending the company’s interests and explaining requirements and ways of working. Embed Dockers® standards of customer service’s excellence, to ensure a consistent shopping experience for all consumers
• Franchise Operations management: Support the process of Credit management for the Franchise partner and liaise with all key business partners to open the account. Closely cooperate with franchise partner in assessing their store locations and operational effectiveness. Develop a franchise opening plan with appropriate timelines and strategies for staffing and systems. Consistently implement Dockers® programs and practices related to the business administration, sales techniques and financial coaching of franchisees. Work with Marketing teams to develop the right tools to facilitate franchise partners recruitments. Attend and support franchise sell-in sessions
• Propose and agree on development strategies with key stakeholders and contribute to properly plan both from an AFP and from an SBP perspective.
• Find potential locations and evaluate them both strategically and financially. Provide qualitative and commercial benchmarks. Negotiate rents, terms and conditions with landlords
• Develop and maintain contacts with Real Estate brokers, landlords, mall operators, and other contacts to ensure sufficient pipeline of potential store locations and to develop an in-depth knowledge of the Retail Real Estate market to identify threats and opportunities within the existing portfolio of stores
• Prepare all needed documents. Collect all the data and present them in an accurate and timely manner. Cooperate with Finance to define the P&L to submit to the Head of International Sales and Global Head of Dockers
• Closely cooperate with the Brand Presentation team to discuss refits or store openings
Store Portfolio Management:
• Drive profitability by continuous store portfolio assessments and understanding of the current store locations. In order to evaluate if they are still appropriate and in line with the overall Retail strategy
• Proactively renegotiate, change and extend contracts of the existing portfolio of stores. Negotiate rent reviews with the landlords
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and/or Marketing.
• A minimum of 7 year’s experience in retail development and management, Franchise management with experience in Real Estate, with a strong preference for a retail operations background. Must have an excellent knowledge of their markets Real Estate Market and Retail Competition
• Fluent in English and/or Spanish and French
• Entrepreneurial and able to seek out and test opportunities
• Experience with successfully delivering results in a matrix organization and working collaboratively across functions. Team Player.
• Strong financial acumen and understanding of the drivers of profitability both for the company and its customers
• Experience working with agility in a high-pressure environment
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills
• Can manage ambiguity and can work independently
LOCATIONZaventem, BelgiumFULL TIME/PART TIMEFull timeCurrent LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.