You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
We just might be the original startup. Our brands — Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™ — stand for freedom and self-expression around the world. And for more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world.
There’s plenty of room to make your mark here. We employ more than 15,000 people around the world, and this is a place where everyone contributes to the conversation.
The Junior Merchant acts as an integral part of the local merchandising, creating product line assortments with end to end ownership of a specific business area.
Supports the day to day functions involved with the Geo merchandising approach/ European merchandising & retail strategy, to support build profitable product assortments that will maximize the revenue, productivity and brand experience within the geo countries/ brand & retail.
• Detailed and accurate maintenance of the consolidated men's Lineplan. Build visual line plans, sales tools, reporting & analytics. Go-to person for men's samples ensuring they are best used for key meetings. Understanding the line to support & conduct product presentations.
• Contribute to the building of the segmented product assortments across the market.
• Provide analytical data from sell-through and consumer insights, that help support KA &FA/ retail segmentation, in collaboration with merchants.
• Deliver support according to GTM calendar, create and maintain line plans, range plans, directive assortments, Product Lifecycle Management, matrixes and communicate plans and documents to stakeholders.
• Strong communication skills- includes presentations of the directive assortments to sales force and download to local planning/ forecasting.
• consolidate consumer insights and opportunities to the Brand team to support the development of the geographical business strategy.
• Build assortment menu based on historical data to support merch for an optimal selection of product from the Global/ European line to meet category and assortment needs, as well as productivity targets, in the market
• Establish close working relationships with other Assistant Merchants , Merchants, Sr Merchants and Analyst in order to align on commonality targets assortment planning, to allow implementing geographical strategies and integrity of seasonal category stories.
• Demonstrates high degree of curiosity, initiative with strong passion for product and consumer.
• Strong knowledge of European market place.
• Very strong numerical and analytical skills. Competent in using Excel.
• Education/ Experience : Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least 2 years work experience in merchandising.
Functional Competencies :
• Always Thinks Consumer First- aware of different consumer architypes and mindsets and understands how to map the product line accordingly.
• Product Assortment – Through a commercial lens, analyzes, interprets and applies consumer/sales/market data to develop brand building & profitable assortments
• Product Aesthetics – has an intuitive passion for product coupled with expertise in fit, fabric and finish to ensure brand and consumer relevant product that emotional appeal is created
• Business Acumen – applies seasoned judgment. Externally focused and market driven, stays current on market/ industry developments, the competition and consumer trends to identify business and brand implications. Grasps the full meaning of interrelationship of key company and functional indicators.
LOCATIONZaventem, BelgiumFULL TIME/PART TIMEFull timeCurrent LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.